I'm TOTALLY ticked

We were going to name our dog after a greek god. I was pushing for Mithras or Zeus but we ended up with a female. Her name is Athena Minerva.

How about Mars?

Us moms try hard, but sometimes we get it wrong.....

My dog Toby was one of the best dogs I've ever had. He got run over and I got another dog about a month later. Mostly I needed another dog to help me work cows. I spent the first year wishing the new dog was my old dog and comparing her. However, she's grown on me and she's a great dog. She saved my life from a cow trying to trample me and saved my boys from a pig chasing them. She is a GREAT dog. That doesn't take anything away from Toby. He was a GREAT dog too. I just had to stop comparing them and merit each dog for what it was. Don't hate your new puppy because you miss your old dog. Just love it even if it's hard to do at first. A puppy will only love you back.

Some people, even my family, just don't get it. There are things that you need to pick yourself, and others should not pick them for you, pets, clothes, perfume . So far I have 6 unopened bottles of cologne in the closet. And a dog that I love, but she sheds long white hair all over the house. She was a gift after my dog died.
Sorry about your dog.

hit.gif

so sorry about your dog, I know it's hard and well wishes don't do it sometimes.

Can you share a little about your new dog? What kind is he/she? I've never seen an ugly puppy

hu.gif

Take care and hang in there
smile.png

So sorry about the loss of your baby. :aww
Your mom's just trying to make her "baby" feel better, but that doesn't work the same way for everyone. I agree that you'll just have to let the new critter work his way into your heart on his own, but you have to let him. I was nagged into getting the Rhodesian puppy from a source that I would never have considered, before I was ready. DH loves him, and he's HIS dog, but I've come to enjoy the big doofus anyway. When YOU are ready, get yourself what YOU want, if you can afford it. Right now, you'll just have to succumb to whatever your heart can manage.

He's a blue heeler. His markings are well... special. I've always been one for mutts. Guess it takes time for a fullblooded to warm to a mutt lover... Stil needs a name. His idea of working his way to my heart. He peed on me right after he went outside and went potty.

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif

I have a new kitty that licks my face so we were gonna call her Licker.

LOL My mother named our cats all kinds of crazy things growing up. I think the oddest one was Feathers.

Back
Top Bottom