I'm Trying to find "GIANT" GJ's

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by bigstack, Jan 14, 2010.

1. bigstack

bigstack Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2010
    Texarkana, TX
    I am looking for the biggest, best JG's I can find. I need 2 doz. or so. 20 hens and 5-10 roos. maybe even 40 or so eggs. I am beginning my attempt to breed up the biggest and most productive JG's ever. I have a great plan and stratagy. I have a huge stack of ID bands and note books. (and feed) lol I am expecting to take between 8-12 years to see a final product. I have an entire operation planned. I just need the best genes to start with. I will be improving gene pool as I go. Aswell as introducing a couple select breeds for different charicteristics. I would appreciate any help and advice, where to look for Healthy, Productive, HUGE JG's.
    Thank you so much,

Last edited: Jan 14, 2010
  2. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    Are you looking for Jersey Giants? I'm not familiar with the abbreviation GJ.

3. bigstack

Jan 4, 2010
    Texarkana, TX
    Sorry! Yes JG's ...Im an Idiot! LOL LMAO

4. bigstack

Jan 4, 2010
    Texarkana, TX
    I was thinking Giant, Jersey Giants. I just left off a few letters. I am at work and trying to not get in trouble lol
    thanx for catching it!

5. Sugar Sand Farm

Sugar Sand Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2007
    North Florida
    Try Indigoegg.us.com she has blue and splash jersey giants Thats where I got mine from and my 8 month old blue cockerel just ook best of breed at the Sunshine Classic Chicken show here in FLorida He came from Bobbi at 3 weeks old. Micki

6. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

Check with Wynette ... She has great Giants! [​IMG]

7. prov31gal

prov31gal Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2009
    over the mountain
    try cackle hatcher.com, they have good birds, and many of their large or heavy breeds are truly that! i have gotten some of the biggest bos from them, of course some are bigger than others but, there really big. never bought jgs but maybe give them a try over at cackle.

8. BigBadCryBaby

BigBadCryBaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2010
    S.E.Wisconsin
  9. Mary Of Exeter

Mary Of Exeter Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2009
    Rowan County, NC
    And once you get this going, I'll be interested in some eggs [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by