I'm Worried

SinclairYoung

Hatching
May 23, 2015
I bought four ducklings at the FarmSupply Store near me for a school project. One of them was a Pekin, Ranger. Three weeks in my partner and I noticed that her feet were turned in and she was struggling to move. After some research, it become obvious that it was lack of Niacin. This caused her legs to swell, her to walk on her elbows, and her feathers to slowly fall out. I am not sure what else to do for her, do any of you have any ideas?

I bought four ducklings at the FarmSupply Store near me for a school project. One of them was a Pekin, Ranger. Three weeks in my partner and I noticed that her feet were turned in and she was struggling to move. After some research, it become obvious that it was lack of Niacin. This caused her legs to swell, her to walk on her elbows, and her feathers to slowly fall out. I am not sure what else to do for her, do any of you have any ideas?

Niacin-vitamin B-3. If you feel sure this is the problem, eggs-hard boiled eggs have niacin-B-3. Feed this to her and hope for the best. You can also put vitamins in her drinking water. I think B-3 is water soluble. Teacher?

You may want to post on the duck threads at "Other Backyard Poultry," forum above. It does sounds like a niacin deficiency from what I have read on other threads'

Hope your duckling will be fine.

welcome-byc.gif
Welcome to BYC!!
welcome-byc.gif

Glad you joined the flock. If you have any questions, feel free to ask around.
big_smile.png

D.gif
Turkenstein25
D.gif

Back
Top Bottom