I'm yet another newbie

BabaYaga

In the Brooder
10 Years
Oct 12, 2009
Blue Ridge Mountains
Hi. javascript:insert_text('
frow.gif
',%20'') I caught "chicken fever" this spring from a friend who keeps hens, and have now passed it on to another friend, who fell in love with my hens. (She's up over 40 birds now.) I bought 6 BO pullets and dh and the kids helped build a very rustic pen and coop. The girls are so sweet! I free range them in the afternoon and they come running to me whenever I come outside. I also have 3 ten week old silkies, a birthday present to my 7 yo son from my "chicken lady" friend. One of my hens went broody, so I offered her "services" and now she's sitting on 6 speckled sussex eggs. javascript:insert_text('
fl.gif
',%20'');

Other interests: 4 kids, all homeschooled; dh keeps bees and brews beer, wine and mead; we adopted a retired maremma shepherd dog; I am NOT a crazy feral cat rescue lady I don't care what anyone tells you! javascript:insert_text('
roll.png
',%20''); ; my teens volunteer at a living history museum; my 3 daughters and I bellydance; dh and I run a small business in addition to his day job. In our spare time we . . . what spare time?

I've been lurking for a while and my middle daughter says it's time for me to sign on (she chose my username). I learn so much every day here. A lot of it I hope I never need to use, but it's so good to know that if I get in trouble this great resource is here. I'm really impressed with how helpful and supportive the tone is on the forum.

-BabaYaga
my house isn't on chicken legs, but wouldn't that be cool?

Hey, sounds like you fit right in here!! Welcome to BYC!!
frow.gif
These chickens sure are addictive aren't they?!

We just got a Maremma a few months ago, he is a great dog!! Haven't lost anything since!!
clap.gif
What part of the country do you hail from? My family is in the chilly north, almost completely unemployed state of Michigan!!
ep.gif
Not sure who is leaving faster, the people or the businesses!!
th.gif
Oops, that is another story.

**runs in fear from BabaYaga!!!!*** Oh, ok... BYC member so maybe she won't cook me up and eat me! ((gotta watch those forum names!!!
lol.png
)

Seriously though,
frow.gif
Happy to meet you! Glad you're here!
ladybug.gif
Hope you enjoy your time with us!!
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom