imgaine we had this acting like mother goose to our birds

That is nice to see dogs represented in a possitive manner on this site.
smile.png

breed is a huge factor the breed there has a lot of prey drive the working lines are a bad kind to mix with birds that individual dog just bonded to them.

I have a lot of experience with that breed usually they are worst with birds if they are from working lines but i had one that bonded to a baby cat and thought it was hers and got so maternal with it and hell would freeze over if she thought a large dog or a predator was going to get near it she could be extremly dangerous and violent towards them she would attach onto larger dogs necks and just not let go it was almost impossible to peel her off them.

Just once in a blue moon a dog like this will bond to chickens or ducks and get very maternal with them and then protect them with extreme aggression that nothing would dare even think about touching one. Mine world would turn into the apocalypse if a predator went near her adopted animal. She even caught a coyote once and tried to rip its head off. She was willing to do or take ANYTHING to protect her so called "child".

Last edited:
Depends on how well trained the dogs are. I have mastiffs, high prey drive, 2 were pp trained, 2 not trained (1 is a rescue). None of them have ever touched any of my livestock. Goat, chickens, geese and turkeys... but they will go after the wild things.

The dog in the video almost looks like a Belgian sheep dog..... thats why he's taken to herd the goslings. Cute video.

i had a pit bull that would stay with my chickens all day even saw him chase red tails he was a great dog passed away at 18 was my best freind that was a bad day for me

Back
Top Bottom