Impacted crop new 🦆

sarahconnor

Songster
5 Years
Jul 17, 2018
Hello, I rescued two ducks last week that were suffering from neglect. They are thriving and always have clean water to submerge their heads. I feed them twice a day about a cup of food each probably over fed them when I got them because they were starving but now I noticed the one Duck has a huge crop. It looks like about the size of a softball and it’s really pulling his head down. I treated a chicken hen once with coconut oil and it worked great. Can I do the same thing with my new duck? Coconut oil and massage

When one of my ducks had an impacted crop I gave a little bit of olive oil to her, gently massaged the crop every hour or so, and also gave a laxative Ducolax. She was better by the next day. I would offer food out in a dish all day to your ducks - maybe they're cramming in a lot when you feed them because they're super hungry. Also, make sure they have plenty of water right next to their food dish. Thanks for rescuing them!

When one of my ducks had an impacted crop I gave a little bit of olive oil to her, gently massaged the crop every hour or so, and also gave a laxative Ducolax. She was better by the next day. I would offer food out in a dish all day to your ducks - maybe they're cramming in a lot when you feed them because they're super hungry. Also, make sure they have plenty of water right next to their food dish. Thanks for rescuing them!
Thank you I will. Appreciate the response

Back
Top Bottom