In about 2-3 years, I'll be creating a new Breed of chicken called the Emerald Dragon.(Discussion)

What do you think about a new breed?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
I have one question? Why mess with the genetics when the breeds your mixing are. Already some of the most beautiful birds we as chicken enthusiasts can get??
Different breed can be. anew thing of making a new beautiful bird and maybe more better at laying than other or something in the characteristic of those new breeds

Ever heard the saying if somethings not broke don’t fix it.... I’m just saying these breeds are already pretty awesome don’t got go messing with something that isnt broke....

however on that note if you succeed in making an emerald dragon I’ll take a breeding pair...lol....
😂😂😂 it would be cool to make a new breed

Ever heard the saying if somethings not broke don’t fix it.... I’m just saying these breeds are already pretty awesome don’t got go messing with something that isnt broke....
Almost all of today's breeds were created by combining other past breeds at some point, very few are naturally occuring. I also see no harm in cross breeding animals- if you were to never mess with pure breeds, sex links wouldn't exist, easter eggers wouldn't exist, all sorts of hatchery hybrids like sapphire gems and green queens wouldn't exist, with dogs, labradoodles which are wildly popular wouldn't exist......it's not really 'fixing' something IMO, just exploring it.

Almost all of today's breeds were created by combining other past breeds at some point, very few are naturally occuring. I also see no harm in cross breeding animals- if you were to never mess with pure breeds, sex links wouldn't exist, easter eggers wouldn't exist, all sorts of hatchery hybrids like sapphire gems and green queens wouldn't exist, with dogs, labradoodles which are wildly popular wouldn't exist......it's not really 'fixing' something IMO, just exploring it.
Exactly

however on that note if you succeed in making an emerald dragon I’ll take a breeding pair...lol....
Not fixing anything that's not broken. Creating something new.

I'll certainly give you a pair, or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom