In about 2-3 years, I'll be creating a new Breed of chicken called the Emerald Dragon.(Discussion)

What do you think about a new breed?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
Ok, so i finshed the ref picture and i think this is more of a dream than a reality right now. The breeds i currently own have some of the right genetics for what I want but unless i dig deep into this breeding then i will have to get more breeds. View attachment 2602270
Looks like a mix of Langshan, & Vorwerk. Not sure how the red shoulders will be brought into the silver base.

Not really actually. I'll be breeding away from the typical traits that Makes an EE. I'm only including EEs in the project for the blue egg, gene to create the green egg color this breed will lay. Plus they're the only ones I have that lay blue eggs.
I see. I just instantly thought, "wait. EE is just a mix, so how do you get an actual breed out of a mix." But i had a dumb moment. Most Breeds originated from crosses anyhow, lol.

Ok, so i finshed the ref picture and i think this is more of a dream than a reality right now. The breeds i currently own have some of the right genetics for what I want but unless i dig deep into this breeding then i will have to get more breeds. View attachment 2602270
The bird itself wouldn't be Silver, but a cream color once the Mahogany Gene is added.
Calculator couldn't produce a picture.
Screenshot_20210407-102224_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20210407-102303_Chrome.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom