In case you every wondered...what a difference my robot has made!!!

i want one, but my sissy of a dog is already attacked and killed two vacuum cleaners. We have to lock him up in the bedroom where he howls as he can hear it run.

I have one. I think it is the 560 (silver and black). I got it for xmas(I begged santa for it!) 2 years ago. I LOVE IT!!!!!Customer support is awesome. I've had it for 2 years and had to replace 2 parts, they sent them to me for free and sent extra brushes for free!! Mine is programable so I comes out on its own at night, cleans my whole house and returns to it's docking station ALL BY IT"S SELF! Its so great to come downstairs and have it all clean! My kids even named it...Puckie. Ooohh and an added perk, when my kids are not cleaning up thier toys, I place it infront of thier door ready to turn on at a moments notice....it's amazing how fast they clean thier room. Only a few Polly Pockets have been sacrafied for a cause
lol.png

I also have scooba!

I can just imagine what my two clowns, aka cocker spaniels, would do to a roomba. They attack the vacuum cleaner every time I use it! (it's hilarious & makes vacumming fun).

hmm, scooba----now I LIKE that idea! ^_^

Here is a pic of mine:
16532_hector_my_dirt_dog.jpg

It is the most basic model, doesn't rely on vaccuuming, it relys on sweeping to clean. It has a large dirt catcher. It picks up the tiniest dog hairs, sand, grit etc... and can pick up bigger things like leaves.

My friend got the 560 but she bought a rehabbed one from Roomba,(went out, was returned to Roomba and if anything had been wrong-Roomba fixed it), It works wonderfully on her carpets as well as tile hardwood floors. She got it for $199 and that included a virtual wall.

I bought my Mom this one:
16532_moms_roomba.png

and also got her two virtual walls and a remote.

I bought my dirt dog through Hammeler because they guarantee it for life supposedly. But when I called them because I didn't think the battery was working right, they told me they couldn't do anything about that. Fortunately the battery was ok.

I recommend buying it right from Roomba. They have specials all the time where you can get free things, free shipping etc...

Boyd,I had similiar concerns about it with how my Westie would act, but he is leaving it alone. What you want to do is put up any cords, get rid of big floor clutter and turn it loose when you and the dogs leave the house.It is good the first couple of times to watch it to figure out if anything is a hazzard to it. If it sucks up a sock for instance, it will stop and say Uh Oh Uh Oh and blink a red light. If you don't turn it off and remove the sock, it will shut its self off and wait for your help.
I find myself doing a lot more cleaning now that I have a helper. I sweep under things that are too low for it to go under and sweep them out where it will pick them up. It picks up so much dust, I now dust my books etc.. knowing it will come along and sweep up the dust.
If you have to keep an extension cord on the floor, then do what I did and cover it with heavy clear tape. Then it will sail right over the tape rather than sucking up the cord.
I can't tell you how great it is not to drag out the big old vaccum which really didn't pick up all that my dirt dog does. I think its because it sweeps as the brushes spin it into the dirt tray.
You have to clean the brushes underneath every so often but for some reason I don't mind it. It feels like you are caring for a friend.

Ohhh, what a good topic! Anyone know how well it does on hardwood floors? Thats all we have in the house, minus a few throw rugs here and there and 2 cowhides we have thrown on the floor as make shift rugs (very pretty in a "southern" home)
smile.png

Quote:
Who's scooba?
hu.gif

That's the floor mopping robot.
woot.gif

This just makes me so happy. There is something that will keep me from mopping the floor beyond my own laziness?

Last edited:
I almost bought the 562 this morning (560 for pets), then changed my mind and took the budget route and got the Dirt Dog! Now I'm already wanting the 562 after hearing how wonderful it is and I don't even have the Dirt Dog yet!

Back
Top Bottom