In case you need a laugh this morning 😆…….

I went out to feed and water my ducks, chickens, and rabbits this morning before work and I heard what I thought was a sickly barking dog in my neighbors yard. As I got closer I realized it was coming from my chicken coop. Yep. I know it happens. I’ve heard about it but had never seen it. MY HEN WAS CROWING😆

Here’s the video it you’d like to see 😄

Its a hen that identifies as a rooster....welp its happening to chickens too :p

I have what I thought are 4 hens however, the Cochin has never laid an egg in the 10 months I have had them. One morning, I head a pathetic crow coming from the coop. Sure enough, Gloria is a rooster. He has never tried to mount the girls and is very passive. He always keeps his distance from me and will not come close to be had fed treats.
Normally, I rehome roosters but, he is so passive I am going to keep him.

I have what I thought are 4 hens however, the Cochin has never laid an egg in the 10 months I have had them. One morning, I head a pathetic crow coming from the coop. Sure enough, Gloria is a rooster. He has never tried to mount the girls and is very passive. He always keeps his distance from me and will not come close to be had fed treats.
Normally, I rehome roosters but, he is so passive I am going to keep him.
You are so lucky! I have city rules about rooster keeping... Gloria might be a good cover name if I ever end up with an accidental boy.

"What? No! I would never keep a rooster! I know the rules! That right there, that is Gloria, she's just big-boned-tom-boy kind of gal. look at all these eggs in the nest, she definitely laid some of them"

sounds like a serious case of "chicken math"....unfortunately, I don't believe there is a cure:idunno
Yeah, I have been hearing a lot of hand wringing and such about chicken math, but I see no research into a cure, have seen no fundraising efforts...

I am starting to think this is not a sober-support recovery group, just a bunch of enablers and a lot of codependency...

;)

You lot just don't seem to be TRYING to get better...

I would help, but I have a broody to check in on...

Oh yes! And some of them wear those spurs like heavy cowboy boots! These boots are gonna walk all over the meek hens!
Screenshot_20230904-220459_Brave.jpg

I went out to feed and water my ducks, chickens, and rabbits this morning before work and I heard what I thought was a sickly barking dog in my neighbors yard. As I got closer I realized it was coming from my chicken coop. Yep. I know it happens. I’ve heard about it but had never seen it. MY HEN WAS CROWING😆

Here’s the video it you’d like to see 😄

I guess that she wears the pants 🤣

Back
Top Bottom