In Charleston, SC

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by iread, Jan 9, 2010.

1. iread

iread Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 21, 2009
    South Carolina
    So we are in Charleston for a conference (DBF's work) and I was hoping to walk to the Market and shop a bit today (window shop [​IMG]). DD and I went out and it is 27!!! The wind is bitter and we came right back in the hotel! We are planning a trip to the state aquarium later and I'm really looking forward to that. I've never been. I had forgotten how much I love Charleston--too bad I can't enjoy walking outside today!

2. GaNewChick

GaNewChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2009
    McDonough, Ga.
    Might as well wrap up and brave the cold ~ and find you a Starbucks!

3. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Dang, 27F downtown? 40 or so miles southwest of Charleston in Hollywood, and hoping to inch above 20F! Find yourselves a big bowl of she-crab soup, that'll warm you up nicely.

You'll LOVE the Aquarium! I've been twice, and I always get stuck when I get to the otters and the seahorses. Hate to tear myself away!

Where do you normally live in SC?

Last edited: Jan 9, 2010
  4. iread

iread Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 21, 2009
    South Carolina
    I'm from the upstate of SC. I live in Oconee County.

5. Q9

Q9 General Headache

DARN YOU!!! I FREAKIN' LOVE CHARLESTON!!! [​IMG] Do you have to taunt me? [​IMG] So long until summer vacation... ARGH! [​IMG] Why? WHY!?!?!? I'm gonna go look at my two Charleston visitors' guides now.

6. Cindiloohoo

Cindiloohoo Quiet as a Church Mouse

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    I have only been once but LOVED the Market!! Oh, and the ice cream place on one of the corners...lol!

7. chickensioux

chickensioux Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2009
    Western North Carolina
    Charleston is our favorite vacation destination. If you like seafood, eat at Hyman's. I'm jealous.....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by