1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

In Coming!!!!

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by maizey, Dec 31, 2010.

1. maizey

maizey Chillin' With My Peeps

Im listing fireworks as a definate PEST! They started about an hour ago and will be going off all night and I just now realized this might not be a great thing for my chickens...I bet they are going to be frazzled in the morning. [​IMG]

2. pidgey104

pidgey104 Cochins R Us

Nov 10, 2007
    Panama City ,Florida
    [​IMG] I hear you I live in Town . Neighbors behind us are shooting off fireworks and Bottle rockets. Driving the dog crazy and my duck.I can hear her quacking her head off. I have the windows open and heard them say "That duck is worst then a dog barking" [​IMG]

3. maizey

haha, funny duck! Now to top it off, we are having thunder... and the fireworkers are still at it..."RUMBLE...POPPOPOP...FEWWWWT...POP...RUMBLE" I hope it doesn't make them go bananas and hurt themselves somehow.

4. nelgkel

nelgkel Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2010
    FL
    Quote:LOL!! wonder if they will stop shooting the fireworks?? I hope my chickens don't get too frazzled by all the fireworks going off tonight!!

5. Mattemma

Mattemma Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    I hope they didn't shoot the fireworks AT the duck. Never know what people with a bit of liquid dumb in them will do!

6. woodmort

woodmort Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2010
    Oxford NY
    Be glad it is fireworks. I can never understand the idiots that have to shoot a gun into the air to celebrate. Don't they realize those bullets have to come back down?

7. Q9

Q9 General Headache

Quote:My dad and I jokingly suggested doing that next year. Well, HE was joking, anyway. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

(Yes, I was joking, too. I just know that most people wouldn't put it past me to seriously suggest it. [​IMG] )

8. Dinkadoo

Dinkadoo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    South Carolina
    They definantly make the neighbor's horses very nervous. My chickens don't mind the fireworks though, we have to pop a couple firecrackers some evenings to prevent the buzzards from roosting in the trees behind the coop. The girls don't even flinch. They are used to them. [​IMG]

9. maizey

well they seemed fine this morning, so no harm done.. though i thought we were under attack at midnight [​IMG] I suspect had they been old enough to lay,, it might have put them off though.. something to consider next year if we haven't moved to the country by then! Happy new year all

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by