In ground Duck Pool

Wait so where are the local scrap yards. We have a lot of projects between the house, building coops, and the duck pond! I could use some cheap materials =)

Wait so where are the local scrap yards. We have a lot of projects between the house, building coops, and the duck pond! I could use some cheap materials =)
If you in the USA look in the phone book or online in your area for habitat for Humanity resale store I got some nice windows there for 3.00 and less for my coops and duck houses. They have just about anything you can think of.

I have been to one of the Restores in my area, there is another about 30 minutes away... I was just wondering if there were other options!

I have been to one of the Restores in my area, there is another about 30 minutes away... I was just wondering if there were other options!
If you live close to a big city there are probably other places besides habitat. Not much where I live we have to drive to find any stores. Reclaimed lumber etc.

You might find one in an old trailer house most used metal tubs that's where I get most of mine so I get them for free frifty free. I sometimes tear them down for scrap I have one on my to do list now but im waiting until its a little warmer.

We used the kiddie pools and followed the instructions we found on this website to install a drain. It involves a urinal spud to attach the pipe to the pool. Then we sent the drainage pipe through to a kitty litter container where we house the shutoff valve. flip up the lid of the container to reach the vlave. It works pretty well and cost almost nothing.

Thanks! @Beardie, my own issue would be I wouldn't want to over water wherever I directed the water to.

Thanks! @Beardie, my own issue would be I wouldn't want to over water wherever I directed the water to.
I resolved the overwatering issue by a simple system where there is a main shallow channel from the duck pen that travels by three raised garden beds. At three points, the water can be redirected to bypass a bed, and at the end is a grassy area.

How about emptying it periodically with a submersible pump. Cheap and efficient. Then you can clean it before refilling.

Back
Top Bottom