In Loving memory of "Cheepie" who started me on the chicken craze.....

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by froggiesheins, Oct 16, 2010.

1. froggiesheins

froggiesheins Overrun With Chickens

Oct 14, 2010
    Jurupa Valley, CA
    [​IMG]I am a 56 yr old krazy gal that lives in Southern California, LA area smack dab in the city. I had an horses aquantance that raised a chicken and I was amazed at how fun they were! So I decided to give it a go. The Stables where I keep my horse has tons of chickens and when one of the mammas' eggs started hatching I swiped the first born chick. That was when my love affair started. Named her Cheepie and we were together almost 24 hours a day. I was in the process of building a preditor proof "townhouse" in my backyard, but it wasn't done soon enough. She was out in the yard doing her chicken thing and I fell asleep (bad momma) ...... when I woke up I went to get her >>> NO CHEEPIE! I was devasted and SO mad at myself. I found out later, a new neighbor had just moved in nextdoor with a cat that likes to kill and eat birdies.
    Right now I have 7 eggs "cooking" and hopefully I will have new babies in November! And I also have a 200% predator-proof inside/outside hen townhouse.

I also have; 1 smooth haired Fox Terrier, 1 Appendix quaterhorse mare and one 3 month old roo mutt recooperating from getting beaten up by the chickens at the stables.

2. sheila3935

sheila3935 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    Stonington, illinois
    [​IMG] Welcome and Im so sorry about Cheepie. If you was closer I would give you some of my babies I just hatched. Hope your hatch is great.

3. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

[​IMG] & [​IMG] [​IMG] HAIL CHEEPIE [​IMG]

4. funnybirds

funnybirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 16, 2010
    Welcome and so sorry to hear about Cheepie. I can't wait to hear about raising chickens in Southern california. You go girl![​IMG]

5. Kat's Silly Chickens

Kat's Silly Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2010
    South Central Texas
    Sorry about your pet Cheepie. But [​IMG]

6. WhiteMountainsRanch

WhiteMountainsRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2010
    Sandy Eggo, CA
    [​IMG]

We're going to have another So Cal meet-up, your invited if you want to come, last one turned out great!

7. froggiesheins

froggiesheins Overrun With Chickens

Oct 14, 2010
    Jurupa Valley, CA
    [​IMG]
    Well, hopefully I figured out how to upload pictures. This was my chickmutt-Cheepie, she will be in my heart forever.[​IMG]

8. Gallo del Cielo

Gallo del Cielo La Gallina Resort & Spa

May 6, 2010
    Tucson
    My Coop
    Hello from Tucson and [​IMG] Oh poor Cheepie. [​IMG] She was a beautiful bird.

9. Soaring Chicks

Soaring Chicks Soaring Hawks Farm

Jan 3, 2010
    Henderson,NC
    [​IMG] for Wv. [​IMG]

10. CMV

CMV Flock Mistress

Apr 15, 2009
    [​IMG] from NH. She was a cutie. So sorry for your loss.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by