In Loving memory of "Cheepie" who started me on the chicken craze.....

froggiesheins

Crowing
10 Years
Oct 14, 2010
Jurupa Valley, CA
big_smile.png
I am a 56 yr old krazy gal that lives in Southern California, LA area smack dab in the city. I had an horses aquantance that raised a chicken and I was amazed at how fun they were! So I decided to give it a go. The Stables where I keep my horse has tons of chickens and when one of the mammas' eggs started hatching I swiped the first born chick. That was when my love affair started. Named her Cheepie and we were together almost 24 hours a day. I was in the process of building a preditor proof "townhouse" in my backyard, but it wasn't done soon enough. She was out in the yard doing her chicken thing and I fell asleep (bad momma) ...... when I woke up I went to get her >>> NO CHEEPIE! I was devasted and SO mad at myself. I found out later, a new neighbor had just moved in nextdoor with a cat that likes to kill and eat birdies.
Right now I have 7 eggs "cooking" and hopefully I will have new babies in November! And I also have a 200% predator-proof inside/outside hen townhouse.

I also have; 1 smooth haired Fox Terrier, 1 Appendix quaterhorse mare and one 3 month old roo mutt recooperating from getting beaten up by the chickens at the stables.

Welcome and so sorry to hear about Cheepie. I can't wait to hear about raising chickens in Southern california. You go girl!
ya.gif

Back
Top Bottom