In memory of duck butt: treating internal laying successfully

Opiumbrella

Songster
Jul 30, 2021
Every internet source and vet I spoke with said that there was nothing to be done. My white leghorn (prone to reproductive issues due to exploitative breeding practices) laid internally. Her abdomen felt like a water balloon with 5 whole eggs in it. I could feel them each and count them. She couldn’t walk, so put her in the hospital cage, with a heat lamp, and spoiled her. I didn’t even have a vet near me that would put her down. I decided to try and save her at the same time. I did research on some herbs and things that are good for things like inflammation water retention and dissolving calcium stones. Her comb was purple from heart failure the day I started treating her. I put her on a broad spectrum antibiotic in case she had an infection internally, and I used a combo of devils claw (pain and inflammation) dandelion (natural diuretic) turmeric (circulation and helping blood flow) Chanda piedra and ACV (to help dissolve the eggs stuck inside her).
Within two weeks she was walking around again, within three weeks the abdomen was normal, and she laid an egg about a week after that.
Sadly her predisposition I couldn’t cure, and couldn’t get an implant where I am at for her either. I’m pretty sure this wasn’t a fluke, because three times over the last year and a half it worked and got her back to normal when this happened. Sadly she didn’t make it this time, as at over ten years for a white leghorn, she was just so old. I lost her a few days ago, and am utterly heartbroken. But I wanted to share this in case anyone wants to know how helped her, to try and help their hens. RIP ducky butt

thank you for sharing the amazing recipe! I'm sorry you lost her in the end.

I also had a hen who I believe was an internal layer. she stopped laying eggs, her abdomen was large, and she was slowly dying. I treated her with kicken chicken supplement, and a herbal liver powder for over 2 months. she made a full recovery and started laying again, if I ever run into the problem again ill remember your recipe.

thank you for sharing the amazing recipe! I'm sorry you lost her in the end.

I also had a hen who I believe was an internal layer. she stopped laying eggs, her abdomen was large, and she was slowly dying. I treated her with kicken chicken supplement, and a herbal liver powder for over 2 months. she made a full recovery and started laying again, if I ever run into the problem again ill remember your recipe.
What was the herbal liver supplement? I am very curious. Thanks!

Every internet source and vet I spoke with said that there was nothing to be done. My white leghorn (prone to reproductive issues due to exploitative breeding practices) laid internally. Her abdomen felt like a water balloon with 5 whole eggs in it. I could feel them each and count them. She couldn’t walk, so put her in the hospital cage, with a heat lamp, and spoiled her. I didn’t even have a vet near me that would put her down. I decided to try and save her at the same time. I did research on some herbs and things that are good for things like inflammation water retention and dissolving calcium stones. Her comb was purple from heart failure the day I started treating her. I put her on a broad spectrum antibiotic in case she had an infection internally, and I used a combo of devils claw (pain and inflammation) dandelion (natural diuretic) turmeric (circulation and helping blood flow) Chanda piedra and ACV (to help dissolve the eggs stuck inside her).
Within two weeks she was walking around again, within three weeks the abdomen was normal, and she laid an egg about a week after that.
Sadly her predisposition I couldn’t cure, and couldn’t get an implant where I am at for her either. I’m pretty sure this wasn’t a fluke, because three times over the last year and a half it worked and got her back to normal when this happened. Sadly she didn’t make it this time, as at over ten years for a white leghorn, she was just so old. I lost her a few days ago, and am utterly heartbroken. But I wanted to share this in case anyone wants to know how helped her, to try and help their hens. RIP ducky butt
Thank you for sharing this. Can you tell me where you found the herbs and how you dosed them? I have a suspected internal layer, and I'm preparing for battle.

RIP ducky butt--may you live on by helping to save others!

Back
Top Bottom