In Memory of my Mother who died Jan 31

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by BamaChicken, Apr 7, 2009.

1. BamaChicken

BamaChicken Orpingtons Bama Style

Nov 14, 2007
    She loved these buff Orp chickens I gave her. We took some pictures and had Publix to copy one onto her B;day cake.
    [​IMG]
    She was a pretty lady at 80. She loved her red lipstick. I have the same problem. When we were preparing for the funeral, my youngest sister and i went and did her hair and makeup. She didn't like beauty shop do's and her hair was so pretty and white. I promise you we did her well and she did not look like a corpse. My son said mom she looks like she might wake up and talk to us.
    [​IMG]
    It was a surprise and we had it in the foyer of our Church.
    [​IMG]
    This was a picture of her when she was young that we had made up for everyone to sign so she could keep it for memories.
    [​IMG]
    Anyway, I was missing her today and thinking about her so decided to share.

2. RickiHupp

RickiHupp Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2008
    Newark, Ohio
    What a beautiful lady!! I am sure you did her VERY proud!!! I can see that red dazzling smile from heaven!! [​IMG]

3. CityGirlintheCountry

CityGirlintheCountry Green Eggs and Hamlet

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    [​IMG]
    She was a beautiful woman. I know you miss her terribly.

I love the picture at the coop with her in the hat. What a fun picture!

Again I say [​IMG]

4. tazcat70

tazcat70 I must be crazy!

She sounds like she was a very special lady.

[​IMG]

5. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    She was beautiful! Thanks for sharing this with us! [​IMG]

6. BamaChicken

Nov 14, 2007
    Thank you so much. She was happy I was keeping chickens and even borrowed my incubator and hatched some herself. She was so sad when some wild dogs tore into the coop and killed her babies. She wouldn't even call me. Just went out and sadly picked them all up.
    We had so much fun at Thanksgiving and she fried chicken for all the great grands at her house. There are eight of children and with grands and spouses I guess we had around 50 there. We didn't know then how short time was.

7. NancyDz

NancyDz Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2008
    Dutch Flat, CA
    Wow , she was a beautiful woman! Sharp dresser too! Love the cake and that is cool you had such a nice Birthday party for her. We had a big surprise 75th for my Mom in Dec 07 and she still talks about how much she loved that party. I'm sure it was one of your Mom's favorite times too! Thanks for sharing! [​IMG] [​IMG]

Nancy

8. Robin'sBrood

Robin'sBrood Flock Mistress

May 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    That is so sweet, and she was absolutely beautiful.

10. BamaChicken

Nov 14, 2007
    Awe that is great Nancy. We did a DVD of pictures of her life and put it to music and had it running on the big screen in the Church Auditorium and so people woud go in and watch that. She was so happy. You have to do special things when they get older.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by