In need of Spring break ideas...(little to no cost)

Quote:
Well . . . that goes right along with the duct tape!
gig.gif

The link I provided has photos, too. Might give the kids some ideas.

It might be too much of a squeeze, and there might be nothing like this around you, but...

This year we were running low on funds for a nice big vacation, so we decided to vacation at home. Being the busy body that I am, I had to do at least one fun thing and that was to take the whole family (me, DH and 7 year old DD) to the Great Wolf Lodge (about 2 hours down the road). We're just doing it one night, but it's a pretty good deal -

For $230 me, DH and our 7 year old DD get free passes to their indoor waterpark during our stay. We can arrive early and use the waterpark all day, and leave late - still getting to use the waterpark. Great Wolf Lodge had a ton of other stuff to do there as well. I'm not sure who's more excited, me or (when I actually tell) our 7 year old.

The library idea was good, and the YMCA... liked that one too. I'm also using some of the vacation time to do an early Spring cleaning (luckily the weatherman is cooperating and saying our temps will sneak up in to the high 60's mid week).

Have fun... good luck!

I think they're still looking for help rebuilding New Orleans. Check with Habitat for Humanity. You can drive there or ride share. If you've skills you might even be able to have the trip and lodging paid for.

I don't know if they are doing this, but I looked into about two years ago when it looked like I was going to have a month off work which didn't happen. But being a welder I had a free trip/board lined up with a non profit group.

Quote:
These are nice to do with your pets paw prints too, make a nice memorial later when they arent with you. Hmm I wonder how chicken prints would look hehehee

Nancy

Quote:
If it works, it's probably pretty darn cute! My kids have been begging me to do this with our chickens with the very idea that they won't be with us forever and they want to remember them with something permanent. My girls are 3 years old so they're no longer "spring chickens" as the saying goes. I don't know how cooperative the chickens would be with the process but it could be worth a try if the OPs kids were interested in doing it. If you try it, mjsdhs, let us know how it goes.

Back
Top Bottom