In of help!!!

Gingerchicken

Hatching
7 Years
Jul 19, 2012
I have a 1 year old rooster that has just died and i need to know if it will spread.
His symtoms where huffing, green diehrea, twitching head, dioriantation, and vomiting. Please help me I don't want to loss any more chickens.

I have a 1 year old rooster that has just died and i need to know if it will spread.
His symtoms where huffing, green diehrea, twitching head, dioriantation, and vomiting. Please help me I don't want to loss any more chickens.
There's no telling what it could be without a necropsy. It could possibly be moldy feed or bedding releasing mold or fungal spores, botulism, some type of disease.....Contact your state agriculture office or county extension office and ask how to go about having a necropsy performed.

I am not an expert, but these symptoms do sound like ND(Newcastle Disease, contagious) to me.

There's no telling what it could be without a necropsy. It could possibly be moldy feed or bedding releasing mold or fungal spores, botulism, some type of disease.....Contact your state agriculture office or county extension office and ask how to go about having a necropsy performed.
X2

Thanks for the advise I will have to call them but he had just eaten fresh food the night before and they don't have any bedding right now do to a mite problem.

How long have you had your rooster? Have you brought in any new birds?

The reason we recommended a necropsy is that without one, it is just a guess as to what happened. The necropsy will be able to tell you what the cause of death was and then you will know if you have to worry about any of your other chickens.

I've had chickens that have died from Marek's with those same symptoms..but there are so many other diseases, as Dawg pointed out, that can cause symptoms along those same lines. To be safe, necropsy is the way to go!

Back
Top Bottom