In quite a dilemma...kind of baffled

Thank you 70% cocoa. The two muskovies are mean lol They chase poor Pete around :( We have had to separate them but I think they are going to have to go back to where we got them from. The vet mentioned it being neurological, she also mentioned it COULD be from boredom since he was in his coop most of the winter by himself, all he had was a mirror.

I was just on your other thread about Pete and I read here that the vet says this could be Neurological or boredom, which can affect how they behave towards themselves, I think you are doing the right thing in getting pete some friends I'm not sure another male will help, but I hope he will enjoy his new friends. and i am sorry if I made you feel you are not a good ducky mama. I did not mean to make you feel that way.
hugs.gif

It's ok Miss Lydia :) I'm just trying to do some right by him as I do, honestly, feel as if I caused this if it isn't something medical. Its just weird that it just randomly happened. Out of the ducklings we will be receiving from Metzer Farms, we are most likely keeping all females, still a toss up on returning the Muskovy couple, I'm really starting to like them eventhough they don't like me much lol. The first day we had them together, Pete chased the female around and he did actually get on her and did what boy ducks do (atleast I think thats what he was doing Ive never witnessed it before.) but after that he doesn't seem to pay attention to them lol

Back
Top Bottom