IN REMEMBERANCE OF ROOTBEER

2mnypets

Crowing
14 Years
Apr 11, 2007
Saucier, Mississippi
Last Thursday October 18th, Rootbeer disappeared. My husband was on vacation, and was working in the yard that day instead of hunting. Everybody was free ranging and enjoying themselves. We're still not sure if my sweet, simple minded pullet just wandered off or if a hawk or opposum got her. We could not find one feather from her on the ground. My poor husband remembers nothing standing out that day either. I was holding out to hope before I mentioned this here, but it is now the 22nd of October and we've had some cold nights. I now know that she won't be back. So, this little thread is dedicated to my sweet lil girl. Rest in peace sweet one.

100_2436-1.jpg

100_3373.jpg

100_2990.jpg

100_3371.jpg

100_3376.jpg

100_3378.jpg

100_4180.jpg

100_4181.jpg

Omigosh, I am so sorry to hear that. I have been following Rootbeer's progress and story since you (hubby) brought her inside and decided to keep her as a house chicken. I really have no words, but my tears are flowing for you.
Hugs to you and hubby and fam.
Jill

What a cutie, and how sad. fyi, last May I started a "memorials" thread, for everyone who wants to remember a special someone of any kind, pet, or even people. I did it for my Whitey roo, but have added a few others. We just had four chickens dissapear without a trace, too...we suspect a hawk except in the case of two..one might be setting, and one we know had some chronic health problems and we think she may've just taken a turn for the worse...but she was a favorite, and I will remember her there....

I don't want to give you false hope, but if Rootbeer is laying age, she could have started a clutch of eggs somewhere you didn't know about and started sitting on them. I know this is a longshot, but it is a possibility.

Back
Top Bottom