In the emergency of a natural disaster where do you move your chickens?

I feel like I'm not helping. Please excuse me when i say somethimg obvious.

You are helping, don’t sweat it :)

Yes, the obvious can often be missed in the rush. That's why we need lists!
exactly. I listed my day as I went through it, starting with the morning

cat/dog food, chicken food, car meds, my meds, etc and did my list like that as the day progressed of what needed/used each day and packed my “go bag” from that.

when my daughter got home we did all the important papers and her special things. I think we have everything

Where are you evacuating to if you have to go? Some places now set up knowing people will have pets with them.
Do you have a large dog crate you could transport & keep them in for a few days? The crate could be parked somewhere cool & shady at the evac centre. My other suggestion would be to contact your rural vet. They may be able to offer accommodation or know somewhere that could.
I also agree with Ribh. Just keep them in a large dog crate with food and water.

I'm hoping everyone stays safe and that they get this under control so this conversation is academic. My neighbor recently transported her entire flock half way across the US in stacked dog crates. MJ's comment about water is vital. Fill any jug you have with water and put it where you can to carry it along with feed ect... Do you know where you would evacuate to?

I saw this as an emergency transport used to escape a hurricane. I call it chicken roll ups. This would get you out of trouble fast.

59b1b148cff4d723008b466c-750-562.jpg

Back
Top Bottom