In the emergency of a natural disaster where do you move your chickens?

Pics
I was absolutely gobsmacked earlier to see on Facebook the local rfs at my mates place. The roof blew off and 2 brick chimneys collapsed, pulling down the front half of the house. Thankfully no one was hurt. Her son and hubby were inside when it happened, and her and their daughter had just ducked out to the fish and chip shop for lunch.
no insurance, and the landlord is an absolute butthole, so the house has been falling down for years. It’s insane.
View attachment 2006949View attachment 2006949View attachment 2006950
Is lucky they were not hurt when that happened. that would have been scary

Sounds like you are as ready as you can be Zen.
Our photo albums and paperwork has been in the car since before Xmas too. (Don't forget to pack your birth certs and home insurance too!)
And a first aid kit and a saw ... hopefully you won't need either, but if you need the kit or there's a tree in your way as you evacuate ...

You can actually get a cage to house them while on transit .then you keep checking them after some hours when you notice it's hot.. don't forget to have some water with you to splash on them at regular interval. By so doing they will surely survive .
Freeze some water in zip-loc bags or plastic containers with lids. You can put them in the kennels/cages to keep you critters cool, and use the water once it's melted.

I was absolutely gobsmacked earlier to see on Facebook the local rfs at my mates place. The roof blew off and 2 brick chimneys collapsed, pulling down the front half of the house. Thankfully no one was hurt. Her son and hubby were inside when it happened, and her and their daughter had just ducked out to the fish and chip shop for lunch.
no insurance, and the landlord is an absolute butthole, so the house has been falling down for years. It’s insane.
View attachment 2006949View attachment 2006949View attachment 2006950
Holy crap! That’s nuts!

That's scarey! How do they justify that?

the response I got was “well did you honesty expect the premium not to change with the bushfire crisis“ I knew it would go up, but not that much!

Are you sitting down? Did a quote with another well known insurance company and it came back at almost $10,000 :eek: ...same Policy details with another insurance company ended up being $2000.

Back
Top Bottom