In the emergency of a natural disaster where do you move your chickens?

Pics
I would prefer Australia to getting Tornadoes. The prospect of them terrifies me
Had one touch down with 5 miles here a couple years ago...but there was no warning...thankfully it moved away from me....not so lucky for those in it's 60 mile path.

Nope.
Tornadoes are not that common in Michigan, tho there have been a few.
I lived in a trailer about 30 miles from the 1980 Kalamazoo tornado, which was a big one, that was scary....more so farther south, tornado alley usa.
Wow. That would be so scary, I mean I was in tears when we had that Saturday where the sky here went black and we were so scared

We all seem to acclimate to the risks available where we choose to live. Fire terrifies me, and having a typhoon experience once, long ago, was enough.
We have a basement, and plan to hide there when tornadoes come close.
Mary
Wow. Unfortunately Fire is the consequence of living in the bush in Australia. The same as Tornadoes are the consequence of whatever states have them in the USA

And, closer to the original topic, if there's time, i would open gates and the chicken coop, before heading to the basement with dogs and whichever cats come along. There's no room for horses, cattle, or 30+ chickens there!
The tornado warning system is pretty good, and we all know what 'tornado weather' feels like, and are watchful. And south of Michigan many more happen every year!
Mary

We thought we were going to miss out, we were forecast to get 100mls, we got 84ml, of that 55ml fell after 10pm last night.

we have gone from drought to flood.

sadly for us, it wont do our towns dam levels any good, these rivers are the catchment for the Warragamba Dam, sadly it will flow to there 😔 our towns dam will only get what fell locally.

this is the local golf

View attachment 2022714View attachment 2022715View attachment 2022716

below is a bridge, photo taken 2 hours apart, it is still rising and fast..zoom in on the black and white striped sign, gives you an idea as to how far it has risen

View attachment 2022717
View attachment 2022718
Crikey!

Hah! I’m sure I have anxiety as a result of watching these fires come within 4 k’s of my house, I don’t think I will ever look forward summer again. I wish it snowed here....

No Butterscotch, you don't, you really don't :oops:.

(but summer is my least favourite season too )

Back
Top Bottom