In the emergency of a natural disaster where do you move your chickens?

Pics
Ohmygosh. Just read through this entire thread... Terrifying! I'm in California, and we personally have not had to evacuate, but many on this board have. I've read stories where people had to flee without having any notice or time to pack or even get their animals. It's been bad here. I've been on notice before. We had fires get within a couple of miles before and have been put on alert, but not actually evacuated.

Hubby and I made a plan for the chickens. We have a large dog crate and two small animal cages we can stack for the car.

I've read somewhere on BYC that you can temporarily use things like portable baby cribs/play pens and tents as temp shelter once you find a place to set up. So our emergency kit has 2 tents: one for us, one for the chickens.

Goodness, I hope everyone is ok. So so so scary....

Ohmygosh. Just read through this entire thread... Terrifying! I'm in California, and we personally have not had to evacuate, but many on this board have. I've read stories where people had to flee without having any notice or time to pack or even get their animals. It's been bad here. I've been on notice before. We had fires get within a couple of miles before and have been put on alert, but not actually evacuated.

Hubby and I made a plan for the chickens. We have a large dog crate and two small animal cages we can stack for the car.

I've read somewhere on BYC that you can temporarily use things like portable baby cribs/play pens and tents as temp shelter once you find a place to set up. So our emergency kit has 2 tents: one for us, one for the chickens.

Goodness, I hope everyone is ok. So so so scary....
Yes. Thankyou for your reply. My mother has been keeping an eye on the fire she said it’s moving back up away from us

Back
Top Bottom