In the emergency of a natural disaster where do you move your chickens?

Pics
Ok I apologise if this is in the wrong section but I couldn’t decide where’s to post this. I have 7 hens and a rooster, I live in nsw Australia. It is catastrophic fire conditions down here featuring hot winds and dry grass and already crazy fires. This doesn’t just apply to me but I’m almost certain multiple other families all over the world are thinking the same things I am. If we have to evacuate tomorrow how do we move the animals? In particular the chickens. Rabbits and guinea pigs are easy as are the horses and dogs but the chickens. How long can they sit in a car? Where are suggestions of places we can move them? You see our friends with property May and possibly are under the same conditions. This could apply to all sorts of natural disasters. But in particular my situation is bad because we have a under control bush fire burning not 50 k’s away from us....
Thanks in advance for your response.
we have an underground where we use to bring the chickens when there's a storm coming they seems to be very safe there too.

we have an underground where we use to bring the chickens when there's a storm coming they seems to be very safe there too.
Unfortunately we do not have a bunker, out best chance of survival would be to flee. Our house is timber and so is the garage so that would be our best shot at getting out alive.

Unfortunately we do not have a bunker, out best chance of survival would be to flee. Our house is timber and so is the garage so that would be our best shot at getting out alive.
Luckily, that's no longer an issue for you, at least not THIS year!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!! It'll be interesting to see if this year's craziness brings the "Powers That Be" to their senses and adds firebreaks to their long-term plans, now. I am SO relieved that you are safe. We were all on pins and needles with you for awhile there. Now that the immediate danger has let up, we need to shift the prayer focus to enough and affordable feed for all the critters ... and the people ... who have to eat off the blackened land. It's likely to be a long winter.

Luckily, that's no longer an issue for you, at least not THIS year!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!! It'll be interesting to see if this year's craziness brings the "Powers That Be" to their senses and adds firebreaks to their long-term plans, now. I am SO relieved that you are safe. We were all on pins and needles with you for awhile there. Now that the immediate danger has let up, we need to shift the prayer focus to enough and affordable feed for all the critters ... and the people ... who have to eat off the blackened land. It's likely to be a long winter.
Thanks

We can get a lot of fresh growth on the native plants in Autumn and winter. With all the rain we've been having we should see an explosion of new growth.

Back
Top Bottom