In the market for a new incubator!

KristaChickenWhisperer

Songster
11 Years
Sep 1, 2008
Lake Stevens, WA
So after this long and frustrating hatch I have come to the conclusion that I HATE my LG! Even with the circulated air system installed the thing is a piece of junk! For the entire hatch I battled endless temp AND humidity spikes...and no matter what I couldn't maintain the same temp throughout the whole bator.

So I am looking to buy a new one...one that will give me better hatches. What do you recommend?

An Australorp
lau.gif

When I was seriously considering getting an incubator, I was going to buy myself a Brinsea with the turner - now I have Gussie, the Australorp and she's awesome.

Quote:
gig.gif
I am actually really temped to go to the feed store and pick up a bunch of silkies!! I am tired of this artificial incubating stuff haha and last time I had a silkie she went broody ALL THE TIME!!

I never knew Australorps were so broody! Then again I have only owned one in my years of chicken raising
smile.png

Hmm...I might have to bring this up to my boyfriend since we are making a trip to the store tomorrow!

I have a Genesis 1588 and I have to say, I am disappointed. Mine has different temperatures in every corner, and
its not like the difference is very small. Even had a bit more powerful fan put in, but I think it somehow made things
worse, as last year the temp was high where the turner motor is, but this year this is the low-temp part of the inc.
The temp does not fluctuate at all, but they are just different all over the thing ... And it seems it depends on what
position is the egg turner at. When I take it out, the temp also changes. Seems to me this thing has poor air circulation,
possibly due the turner, not enough space around it. I have even raised the thing up and away from any walls, so
the problem is not in how it is placed in the room.
Going to get a german one from Bruja,
https://www.bruja.de/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=1744
see how that is, at least it has a digital temp screen, showing how much you are setting.
The Genesis has a quite ... lets say strange system for that, you tweak and tweak and don't have any clue how
much you have set it in the end
big_smile.png
Maybe the turner in Bruja also does not interfere with the even distribution of the air.... hopefully.

Wow so many replies!! Thanks everyone for the input. I am definitely looking for something with stable temps since I have VERY unstable temps in my LG. And as far as prices go I paid a grand total of about $160 for mine, so I am aware that to get better quality I might have to go a bit pricier.

Back
Top Bottom