IN THE MIDDLE OF ASSISTING PLEASE HELP

Pics
View attachment 2728594View attachment 2728598
Do you think I should take him all the way out?

This baby looks soooo ready to me. I don't think there is any way you could remove that much membrane without bleeding if it weren't ready. I'm amazed it hasn't wiggled out on it's own.

The membrane can still appear slightly pink even after all of the blood vessels are absorbed and that might be what others are seeing.

Absorbing blood vessels.jpg

Still chirping loudly and stumbling around into other eggs with half its eggshell on butt

You can pinch the cord with tweezers and snip it far away from the navel, close the shell. This will keep it from tugging the shell that could pull on the navel. The string will dry up and fall of naturally.

You can pinch the cord with tweezers and snip it far away from the navel, close the shell. This will keep it from tugging the shell that could pull on the navel. The string will dry up and fall of naturally.
Ok, I'll do that. Thanks!

It's been almost 5 hours (I think) since s/he hatched, and still looks very wet. I'm worried with the humidity so high Eggo won't be able to dry? Would putting them in the brooder be terrible? Probably.

Ok, I'll do that. Thanks!

It's been almost 5 hours (I think) since s/he hatched, and still looks very wet. I'm worried with the humidity so high Eggo won't be able to dry? Would putting them in the brooder be terrible? Probably.

If the brooder is warm, it will be ok. Especially if there are other chicks to cuddle with. I am much more comfortable putting a wet chick in the Incubator when there are other fluffy chicks already in there.

If the brooder is warm, it will be ok. Especially if there are other chicks to cuddle with. I am much more comfortable putting a wet chick in the Incubator when there are other fluffy chicks already in there.
It is warm, but no other chicks have hatched yet. I can see that some are alive, but no internal pips.

Back
Top Bottom