in this random rambling thread we post random pictures

20211027_114548.jpg

You should try smoking the ribs , we used to do that with sheep ribs .Soak in a brine of whatever you like , then slow smoke ...........worth a try and they will have a more appealing taste .I know what it is to eat the same thing to long , spices etc does change it but after a while it all seems the same
I almost never ate mutton, and even that I ate somewhere in the city, added to the form of minced meat in various baked goods. I suspect that goat meat is slightly worse than lamb, especially if you take the ribs. I here once tried to cook goat ribs according to the recipe for lamb ribs, proposed on one Russian-speaking forum, they turned out to be tasteless due to the abundance of white goat fat.
Today I cooked naval pasta by frying this minced meat with onions and mixing it with the pasta. Simple enough, but decent food for a change.

Finally I finished this thing. This is a compost bin for old tops from tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers and eggplants.
Фото3097.jpg

Usually such boxes are used here for composting weeds weeded out from the garden, but the bulk of my weeds are eaten by goats and geese. Tomato tops are poisonous, so here they are usually either burned or put in compost bins. It seemed absolutely inconvenient to burn it - it burns badly and emits a lot of smoke, so I decided to make a compost bin out of old lumber.
In such boxes, when they are completely filled from above (this takes several years), it is customary to pour a little earth and plant a pumpkin or zucchini. After that, when the compost has completely rotted away (after five or even ten years), in another year it is taken somewhere in the garden.
There is a greenhouse on the left, it may not be very good to have the compost bin so close to it, but I had no choice - my plot is not very large. On the right, near the compost bin, there is a primitive wooden shed - this is a slaughterhouse where I work with the carcasses of goats, chickens and other poultry.

There is usually a steel barrel behind the compost bin, where rainwater is drained from the roof of this shed, and a fence made of boards fences off the passage where the goats go to the pasture (this is necessary so that they do not enter the garden).

Фото3100.jpg

This is my favorite hammer. Once upon a time, I found it with a broken handle in a trash heap and decided to use it. For the handle of this hammer, I took the parking brake lever from an old scrapped car. I have been using this hammer for almost 20 years.

What a great use of it in the winter
Yes, after the geese stay there, the soil is well fertilized, it contains a lot of nitrogen)
True, in the spring it will be necessary to wash the windows with water and a rag as usual, because during wintering geese thoroughly spit on them and spray them with dirty water when they bathe in troughs.
The main part of the litter thrown over the winter remains in the beds and is dug up, and the one that lies on the concrete paths - that I rake with a pitchfork and a shovel into a wheelbarrow and take it somewhere into the garden, laying out around the apple trees or cherries.
At prices, there is a rather strange situation here - a 5 liter canister of manure concentrate bred in a barrel for irrigation costs about 500 rubles, and if i take the norm, then i get about 150-200 liters of water for irrigation (and this greenhouse for good watering in a drought needs about 1000 liters of water - i.e. 5 canisters of concentrate to water, 2500 rubles), but a bag of feed wheat costs about 700. Those. it turns out that buying wheat and feeding it to geese is more profitable than buying nitrogen fertilizers. Those. it is beneficial to keep geese even if they produce nothing at all, except for manure. :lol:
Of course, watering with manure (nitrogen) fertilizer is not done every week, but still it is much more profitable and easier for me to just let the geese go there for the winter, they will fertilize everything there themselves, and in the summer I will only water with plain water and do nothing else, just walk around, pick cucumbers and eat :lol:
At the same time, geese are also very fond of cucumbers, I often throw them to them and they eat. These cucumbers would be dangerous if I used pesticides or used mineral fertilizers too often, but since geese have free manure, I rarely buy such fertilizers, and I usually use them only somewhere in the decorative part of the garden where flowers grow or ornamental trees.
And the need for pesticides disappears, because ducks, while they live in the greenhouse until spring and autumn, completely eat up all the insects they find. (ducks spend the winter in another greenhouse).

Better have took anbd blowed the leaves from trees in the coop front yard they get to turn it peck at the bugs by spring it all dirt

Back
Top Bottom