in this random rambling thread we post random pictures

FB_IMG_1663962135122.jpg

I didn’t think to take a photo of zucchini, and now they have all been processed into canned food. The varieties used here look something like this (photo from the Internet)
1-16.jpg

Most often, white and green are grown here (I didn’t have any yellow ones).
They usually become stiff (the skin becomes tough) and can be stored for a long time, especially those that are green. But somehow it so happened that I processed them all into canned food.
I had a lot of empty jars and got a little carried away.
I grew yellow squash. I had a lot of crookneck too this year. The skin will get tough if left on the vine too long. Also, if the skin has a more orange to t to it in the first place, it will be more tough. We steam with butter and eat. :) Here are some of mine this year. I gave many away.
20220807_100814.jpg

I grew yellow squash. I had a lot of crookneck too this year. The skin will get tough if left on the vine too long. Also, if the skin has a more orange to t to it in the first place, it will be more tough. We steam with butter and eat. :) Here are some of mine this year. I gave many away. View attachment 3269550
We have a volunteer squash plant. It has white blossoms that open in the evening. So pretty!

Back
Top Bottom