Pics

SavKel&RynKel

Free Ranging
5 Years
Mar 16, 2018
FoCo, Georgia
My Coop
My Coop
So this evening we started our third incubation, a friend of ours recieved a blue copper maran rooster and his Americauna has been laying fertile green eggs quite consistently. We had eight saved from march 29th until today, and threw in a random brown egg just to fill the incubator. I've uploaded a picture so you can see, these eggs are very small and oblong, so I'm not positive they will do great, and with some of them being over a week old i know their success rate is decreased-but we've tried some tricks such as the pointy side down in an effort to give all these eggs a fighting chance!
We'd love to hear your thoughts and suggestions and we'll keep you posted on the details over the next few weeks!
20180407_201543.jpg

Is it possible to have an air sack on the first day? We saw this in ~3 of the 9 we candled, with enlarged embryos in 7. This was the best image I was able to pull but will try to look for more.
aiirsack.png

I had no idea. I thought it developed a few days in. Usually i don't candle until like a week in, but this time i wanted to do a few things different. I wasn't asking about this egg in particular, but just if it was normal/possible so early in the game. The circle that you can barely see in the image is almost as large as a dime in real life, so i was surprised that it could be so large so fast, but if it started at birth then that actually makes a lot of sense. Thanks!

These are standard chickens, though the hen lays a smaller oblong egg than what I'm used to.
Thanks for that chart! I looked up something like "chicken air sack chart" and the ones i saw were all day 4 or day 7...but that one spells it out.

Back
Top Bottom