Incubating and hatching eggs chat thread!!

Pics
Two, another dark one...

Three, a paint. The first light one...

The first two are lightening up to silver/blue.

Hi there, can someone help me please? I've only hatched goose eggs. These are leghorns. The incubator instructions says to stop turning on Day 18, lower temp to 37.2C and increase humidity. But there are still a lot of whites left, shouldnt they be filling up the space in the egg by now? I started these leghorn eggs on 20 Apr, it is Day 18 today right? Do I prepare them for hatching or should I wait for a day or two more? The incubator says to incubate them on 37.6C
Yes, today would be 18. Have you checked the accuracy of the thermometer? You can go into lockdown a day or two later if you choose. As long as the humidity is highered for hatch. The air cells look a little on the small side, especially that middle pick. What humidity did you run the first 17 days?

I was unable to check the accuracy of the thermometer. I called the supplier about it and he says it is a well made incubator and I m to just trust and follow the instruction. I've set the temperature to 37.6 for 17 days. I had goose eggs in there with them initially and they are all developing as they should be. The humidity is about 50%.

You never trust a thermometer that has not been checked. Not saying it's innacurate, but you never go on faith. I've seen people say their top line incubators were off. It's not unusual between the store and destination for them to be thrown off. I, personally feel 50% during incubation is high for normal elevations with most table top incubators. It prevents the egg from loosing enough moisture. I have a suspicion that's why you see that much clear area below the air cell, extra moisture.
Humidity guide http://letsraisechickens.weebly.com...anuals-understanding-and-controlling-humidity

There are people that successfully hatch at higher humidity, but a good majority of us would have drowned chicks at hatch time with humidity that high.

I've been reading about a group that uses a method they call 411' it's all managed by wet and dry bulb temperatures equating to 65% RH. Ask have great success rates. I'm trying it this go around. No changes at lock down. It's different, that's for sure.

I've been reading about a group that uses a method they call 411' it's all managed by wet and dry bulb temperatures equating to 65% RH. Ask have great success rates. I'm trying it this go around. No changes at lock down. It's different, that's for sure.

I was added to that group on FB....didn't stay long. I can't stand arrogant "my way is the only way" people. I excused myself before I said something bad.

Number 4

I can't wait until they all fluff...lol

I was added to that group on FB....didn't stay long. I can't stand arrogant "my way is the only way" people. I excused myself before I said something bad.

Number 4

I can't wait until they all fluff...lol

LOL I don't talk for that reason. I've been reading their material. I love looking at multiple methods to accomplish the same task.

What method do you use to maintain RH? I've been all over the place.

LOL I don't talk for that reason. I've been reading their material. I love looking at multiple methods to accomplish the same task.

What method do you use to maintain RH? I've been all over the place.

I use low umidity the first 17 days. If my bator holds within 5% of 30% I run dry. If it's too low I add a wet sponge. I monitor the air cells so I know when to adjust. As long as they are growing correctly I don't worry too much about numbers.

Back
Top Bottom