Incubating and hatching eggs chat thread!!

Pics
I love my silkies :love Where do you get eggs from?

I must tell y'all that I got awesome silkie eggs from Garry Farm on here! Their shipping is the best I've seen to date, and I couldn't believe the air cells weren't bad at all from Georgia to Pennsylvania. I'll attach pics of my silkies I hatched.
Second pic has my Mille Fleur D'uccle Rooster to the left and 2 silkies I hatched to the right. I know I can count on quality from them, only thing is I've been trying to get a couple Showgirls too.

Attachments

• IMG_0250.JPG
    IMG_0250.JPG
    764.8 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0257.JPG
    IMG_0257.JPG
    791 KB · Views: 1
I've been thinking about getting a mealworm colony going

We had this going when we had sugar gliders. When we moved to Pa, they wouldn't issue permits, thus making them illegal to own.

Wasn't hard... recommend shipping in 500-1000 as your starters , much easier, avoid mold-- no potatoes, carrots always did well. We raised a couple wild birds that were given to us and they finished off the colony.

I must tell y'all that I got awesome silkie eggs from Garry Farm on here! Their shipping is the best I've seen to date, and I couldn't believe the air cells weren't bad at all from Georgia to Pennsylvania. I'll attach pics of my silkies I hatched.
Second pic has my Mille Fleur D'uccle Rooster to the left and 2 silkies I hatched to the right. I know I can count on quality from them, only thing is I've been trying to get a couple Showgirls too.

They are beautiful! When we want more silkies I will have to look them up. Where did you get the Mille Fleur from? They are beautiful but the only ones I can find come from eggs on eBay.

They are beautiful! When we want more silkies I will have to look them up. Where did you get the Mille Fleur from? They are beautiful but the only ones I can find come from eggs on eBay.

I found the breeder in here, shipped the eggs from Florida. The eggs had rolling/completely detached air cellls. Yet, all but one hatched quickly, without assistance. I have D'uccles in lockdown now. I got them from another breeder. But, he only sent a few Mille Fleur and those were infertile. Out of the dozen, there are only 7 in lockdown. Most were clear. One was half the size of the others and shouldn't be incubated anyway. It had a blood ring in a couple days. The rest were clears and no bulleyes when cracked. I'll look back to see who the other breeder was. They are the most beautiful Mille Fleur.

Your birds are beautiful! I love that silkie!

Back
Top Bottom