Incubating and hatching eggs chat thread!!

I was just telling my daughter that we should pen a few turkeys so we can have a nice thanksgiving . When do you need to start raising them for the holiday?
You're fine raising a BBW/BBB for Christmas now. Thanksgiving just depends on how many you want to feed. It will still give you a nice sized bird.

@Annjee, 20170714_133221-1.jpg Found Elvis this morning with his head stuck in the fence. He had the welded wire hung on the back of his comb and the wire in his mouth like a bridle. Almost dead. Got him in the house he seems to be doing a little better. He still can't stand up. Hopefully he makes it.

@Annjee,View attachment 1076449Found Elvis this morning with his head stuck in the fence. He had the welded wire hung on the back of his comb and the wire in his mouth like a bridle. Almost dead. Got him in the house he seems to be doing a little better. He still can't stand up. Hopefully he makes it.

Wondering if there are bags of lacerated ringers solution we can buy somewhere. I was thinking about it when my Langshan boy got beat up by his girls. He was so big, but got out of the introduction cage. Instead of getting to know them, a couple beat the crap out of him :( . He wouldn't stand for 2 days. It was mostly internal (and his little man pride was bruised too). It will be a little while before I get him back out there in a cage again.

Back
Top Bottom