Incubating Duck egg day 23

Hi I’m incubating duck eggs and they are on day 23,I self made an incubator and the ducks seem to be thriving however one of them looks like this? I’m trying not to worry and hope it’s still going to hatch I’ve never incubated eggs so I’m not sure. I also don’t see movement :(
The egg in the picture has died and needs to be removed. When eggs die, gases build up and eventually break or explode; this may destroy other viable eggs. Be careful when you discard the egg so it does not break.

Hi there!
All eggs doing well today?you have removed the dead one haven’t you?What’s their hatch day?Depends on their breed.
Hi sorry for the late reply I have removed the egg,unfortunately only one is looking like it’s going to hatch so I’m going to have to raise it solo until I can buy more from the store but they say they won’t have any until late March. Luckily I’m home 24/7 and have dogs,I’ll try to get them accustomed to the duckling. The duckling is a Pekin/mallard mix and it’s hatch day is on February 14th.

The egg in the picture has died and needs to be removed. When eggs die, gases build up and eventually break or explode; this may destroy other viable eggs. Be careful when you discard the egg so it does not break.
Thank you so much for the help. I have removed it and put it into a baggie with some bedding in it so it doesn’t break in the waste bin :(

Hi sorry for the late reply I have removed the egg,unfortunately only one is looking like it’s going to hatch so I’m going to have to raise it solo until I can buy more from the store but they say they won’t have any until late March. Luckily I’m home 24/7 and have dogs,I’ll try to get them accustomed to the duckling. The duckling is a Pekin/mallard mix and it’s hatch day is on February 14th.
It’s fine,there’s a fact that the percentage of duck eggs will all not likely hatch.Some embryos just give up days before hatch and it’s a pity to see them grow so quickly and finally give up.I’m absolutely following for the cutie who’s hatching at 14th!You will upload pictures won’t you!?We do love pictures!Oh and make sure to bake a cake to celebrate.:D

A duckling raised alone will imprint on its owner instead of ducks. When grown it will not relate to other ducks in any way. You can prevent this by raising the duckling with chicks. When mature, the duck will bond with other ducks. I've done this nd know it works.

A duckling raised alone will imprint on its owner instead of ducks. When grown it will not relate to other ducks in any way. You can prevent this by raising the duckling with chicks. When mature, the duck will bond with other ducks. I've done this nd know it works.
I found someone near me who can sell me some ducklings by the end of this month is it ok to pair the ducklings despite their 2 week difference?

It’s fine,there’s a fact that the percentage of duck eggs will all not likely hatch.Some embryos just give up days before hatch and it’s a pity to see them grow so quickly and finally give up.I’m absolutely following for the cutie who’s hatching at 14th!You will upload pictures won’t you!?We do love pictures!Oh and make sure to bake a cake to celebrate.:D
Yes of course I’ll upload pictures :) It hasn’t pipped yet but I did one last candling and it’s still moving. I’ve also stopped turning the egg.

I found someone near me who can sell me some ducklings by the end of this month is it ok to pair the ducklings despite their 2 week difference?
2 weeks difference?Im absolutely not sure,but in case you wanted to know about what happened when I placed a 1 and half week old duckling with my lonely little duckling,it just chased my poor thing out of the room squeaking madly to play with it.It got sent back to the shop.If u can please at least try to find a little chick that has only 2-3 days difference with ur going to hatch one.And there’s no bad thing in having one duckling as long as u can spend time and interact with it half of your day and take it for little walks.Why my old Cayuga grew up imprinting on me as a duckling into an adult and then I brought him his friend.But in case you can’t spend much time with urs and are too busy,then you should definitley bring a little chick or duckling out of somewhere because if you don’t,yours may get bored and lose its appetite and the will to live.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom