Incubating Duck eggs-tips please

what do you need to know. i have hatched lots of cayugas. Mine usually at 99.8 at 50 to 65% humidity. for the first 25 days then up the humidity to 70 to 80 %. hatch day usually around 28 to 30 days.....hope that helps any other questions just ask..
yippiechickie.gif

Thanks for the help! I have Cayugas eggs. Do you mist your eggs while in the bator? I have a Genesis 1588 w/turner. The temp is staying at 99.9 or 100 and humidity around 78. Is that bad? These are my first.. maybe I should have tried chicks.
Thanks, for your help.
Melinda

I am interested in this also. I am on day 20 with 7 duck eggs...I think one is a rotten egg but I do see a little bit of veining in it...but it looks kinda discolored

i would lower the humidity a little.....i do not mist mine but that is a personal choice. You will do fine....were they shipped cayugas....what day are you on......you are doing a great job it is not really that hard....

I hatched some Rouen duck eggs I ordered along with chicken eggs in my little still air HovaBator and all eggs hatched. Because I had both in at same time, I made a sort of nest with a wet wash cloth and set the duck eggs in middle. I would re-wet it with warm water each night and turn the eggs and put them back on it. All chicks and all ducks hatched just fine and those same ducks are now laying fertile eggs at 4 months old and I have them in bator now.

Now that I see how the Rouens and Mallards are laying eggs in their duck yard I understand why they need the extra dampness. They are digging pretty deep nests and laying several layers of eggs - the oldest being completed buried in the moist dirt. Then when they leave the nest they bury it. They just started laying about two weeks ago and so far none have gone broody so once a week I gather up the eggs on top and put them in bator.

Back
Top Bottom