Incubating Egg Crisis!!

Goldenlaceannie

In the Brooder
7 Years
Dec 31, 2012
Hello,

I am incredibly worried. I have a Little Giant Still Air incubator and have sixteen chicken eggs in it. This morning when I woke up to turn the eggs at around nine-thirty, the little window on the left side of it had popped off and the temperature in the incubator was at least a centimeter below 99.5 degrees Farenheit although the humidity was the still between 50% and 60%. The window was lying on the ground next to the incubator. The only thing that I think could of happened is that last night when we were turning the eggs for the last time, when we took the top off to turn the eggs, the little window must have popped off without us knowing that it did. I think that it must have been off for almost seven hours, if it popped off when we turned them. Do you think there is any possible way the eggs are okay, or do you think that they were left under 99.5 degrees Farenheit for too long and are not going to form? Please inform me with any advice possible. Thank you.

Goldenlaceannie

My incubators are in my garage and last month my temp dropped to 94 degrees for about 15 hours while I was at work when I found it I candled the eggs and they where still good and about a week later I had 17 out of 22 eggs hatch so I wouldnt giv up on them

Back
Top Bottom