Incubating eggs to hatch about August 8th

I'm just trying to keep the temp constant.
I switched to the little Styrofoam cooler-bator so I could watch them hatch.
The temp got high, so I had to turn it way down. Then the A/C kicked on, so the incubator kicked off (the problem I've had with hatching in it during the summer); temp got down to 80*.
he.gif

Really hoping for chicks today or tomorrow morning. IDK.......
barnie.gif
I hate the waiting part!!! Getting the day-old chicks in the mail was WAY better!!!

I'm just trying to keep the temp constant.
I switched to the little Styrofoam cooler-bator so I could watch them hatch.
The temp got high, so I had to turn it way down. Then the A/C kicked on, so the incubator kicked off (the problem I've had with hatching in it during the summer); temp got down to 80*.
he.gif

Really hoping for chicks today or tomorrow morning. IDK.......
barnie.gif
I hate the waiting part!!! Getting the day-old chicks in the mail was WAY better!!!

Hopefully they did not get cool enough to hurt them...

I had temp problems with my first 2 batches this year, I bought an incubator this spring, it came with two thermometers, one mounted in the incubator and one to check it with.

They both read the same, so I thought I was fine. After my second unsuccessful hatch I bought an indoor out door thermometer and placed the probe through the vent holes in the incubator, hanging it at the top of the eggs......AND I found out my other thermometers were running almost 4 degrees hot.....SO I cooked the first two batches.

Which is why I got these pheasant eggs that just hatched, to see if my problem was fixed.....

SO I agree whole heartedly with your check the temps with multiple reliable thermometers!

Hopefully they did not get cool enough to hurt them...

I had temp problems with my first 2 batches this year, I bought an incubator this spring, it came with two thermometers, one mounted in the incubator and one to check it with.

They both read the same, so I thought I was fine. After my second unsuccessful hatch I bought an indoor out door thermometer and placed the probe through the vent holes in the incubator, hanging it at the top of the eggs......AND I found out my other thermometers were running almost 4 degrees hot.....SO I cooked the first two batches.

Which is why I got these pheasant eggs that just hatched, to see if my problem was fixed.....

SO I agree whole heartedly with your check the temps with multiple reliable thermometers!

Thank you.
Yeah, I just hate the waiting. I was good; I waited the three weeks; why do I have to wait longer and longer and longer......
th.gif

I can never keep my hands out of the incubator.

So, when I need to put a damp paper towel over an egg, it is easy to rewet it with warm water every few hours.

As to hatching, I did not think I was participating in this thread..... Well, I guess I was!!!

:ya and :th

Ok, I started with 18 guinea eggs, and 8 EE. I had two guinea hatch out and two EE hatch so far, starting on the 8th...then after I placed them into my brooder within the hour one guinea drowned in the water. Bummer. But I've got 6 more pipping, guinea that is...crossing fingers for the rest to hatch out safely. I did put the guinea eggs in the incubated a few days before the EE.

When we have panties or quail I put rocks in the water so they don't have a puddle quite as big but can still drink. I take them out when they aren't as wobbly.

Ok, I started with 18 guinea eggs, and 8 EE. I had two guinea hatch out and two EE hatch so far, starting on the 8th...then after I placed them into my brooder within the hour one guinea drowned in the water. Bummer. But I've got 6 more pipping, guinea that is...crossing fingers for the rest to hatch out safely. I did put the guinea eggs in the incubated a few days before the EE.

When we have panties or quail I put rocks in the water so they don't have a puddle quite as big but can still drink. I take them out when they aren't as wobbly.

:lau :lau

Back
Top Bottom