Do you have any Nutri-Drench or can you get to a feed store that sells it?
If not, in a pinch you could use Enfamil Poly-Vi-Sol vitamin drops without iron.

I have nutri drench. However I can’t figure out the instructions on how to mix it with the water or how much to give to the baby chick?

Any reason why she has bubbles coming out of its throat? It still won’t eat yet but it’s walking around and can still drink water spoon fed. Also the water I gave it I mixed rooster booster the one with vitamins and electrolytes already in it.

You may want to wet their feed, making a mash ... Messy but maybe easier for them to eat. Chicks can go without food/water for at least 3days.

Where are the "bubbles" coming from, her nose or mouth?

Are you able to remove that membrane? Sounds like it's causing her problems drinking, water maybe going down the wrong way & will cause her to aspirate.

The bubbles were coming from her mouth. I’m currently at work right now so my older sister is watching them. She said she’s eating now and drinking by herself but only a little bit. I’m still worried that there’s still a bit of that membrane inside her throat.

And
You may want to wet their feed, making a mash ... Messy but maybe easier for them to eat. Chicks can go without food/water for at least 3days.

Where are the "bubbles" coming from, her nose or mouth?

Are you able to remove that membrane? Sounds like it's causing her problems drinking, water maybe going down the wrong way & will cause her to aspirate.
And yes I managed to remove some of the membrane when it was just born. And then gradually a little more was coming out. But it is very tiny compared to the other two.

Gosh this post has relieved me so much. I'm incubating silkie eggs right now, I've never incubated eggs before, and i keep fretting over every little thing. It's only day 4, but the eggs are doing good! It gives me a lot of hope knowing you hatched those with a just a heating plate and some towels!!
I tried to insert my egg pictures but I don't know if they went through or not :barnie:fl
Snapchat-458062137.jpg
heres day 3 of incubating
Snapchat-189480919.jpg
here's day 4, tomorrow is day 5.
Bought 18 of them for only $15 from a lady nearby. 10 of them look like this. 1 is a little behind and then the other 7 I think are infertile, but it's winter time so I don't blame her.

Thank you so much! I tried searching online and especially on this forum if anyone had tried incubating eggs with a heating plate but there was none. So I'm glad my post has helped you know that anything is possible :)

And thats amazing! It does take a lot of patience and fretting over every little thing is well worth it to make sure the babies are going to be a successful hatch. The pictures did go through and they are growing beautifully!

I also followed this website day by day til hatch day that helped me know how the chick’s growth were for that day and also some useful information on what to do along with some really great pictures as well. I’ve listed it below if you wanted to check it out. It will help you a lot on your journey til your little ones hatch :jumpy

https://www.raising-happy-chickens.com/incubation-day-5.html

I wish you the best of luck and keep us updated! :hugs

Thank you so much! I tried searching online and especially on this forum if anyone had tried incubating eggs with a heating plate but there was none. So I'm glad my post has helped you know that anything is possible :)

And thats amazing! It does take a lot of patience and fretting over every little thing is well worth it to make sure the babies are going to be a successful hatch. The pictures did go through and they are growing beautifully!

I also followed this website day by day til hatch day that helped me know how the chick’s growth were for that day and also some useful information on what to do along with some really great pictures as well. I’ve listed it below if you wanted to check it out. It will help you a lot on your journey til your little ones hatch :jumpy

https://www.raising-happy-chickens.com/incubation-day-5.html

I wish you the best of luck and keep us updated! :hugs
Thanks for the website! It looks as if my chicks are ahead of where they should be. Someone on her said silkies hatch quicker than regular chickens so maybe that's why, the eyes were already visable yesterday and that was only day 5:thumbsup

They are so stinking cute! Nice job!

I have eggs going in the incubator tomorrow some shipped some from my hens, hoping to see a few babies.

I’m so glad yours all survived!:yesss:
Thank you! I wish you luck as well with your eggs and for a successful hatch! :jumpy
My babies have just made one week yesterday and they doing well :) Here's an updated picture of them right now~

From the top: Oreo, Penguin, & Mochi :love

IMG_2227.jpg

Gosh this post has relieved me so much. I'm incubating silkie eggs right now, I've never incubated eggs before, and i keep fretting over every little thing. It's only day 4, but the eggs are doing good! It gives me a lot of hope knowing you hatched those with a just a heating plate and some towels!!
I tried to insert my egg pictures but I don't know if they went through or not :barnie:fl
View attachment 1991681heres day 3 of incubating View attachment 1991680 here's day 4, tomorrow is day 5.
Bought 18 of them for only $15 from a lady nearby. 10 of them look like this. 1 is a little behind and then the other 7 I think are infertile, but it's winter time so I don't blame her.

Hey! Any news if your baby chicks hatching yet? :)

Hey! Any news if your baby chicks hatching yet? :)

Oh yes! They're 3 weeks old as of Thursday. All 10 hatched, I had to help the last two. 10 beautiful little silkies, and only 2 look alike. Not sure what the last one will look like he's barred. I didn't want to put 10 pictures so I only included these three. Thanks for checking up!
Snapchat-231626180.jpg
Snapchat-1916835436.jpg
Snapchat-857198022.jpg
Snapchat-1163971929.jpg

Back
Top Bottom