Incubating in my bra

Yay! Go egg!
24170e233d0059084b8fdc57d989a367.gif

I think it's awesome that more people are getting involved. I wish everyone the best luck & please post updates! I'm half tempted to try some chicken eggs soon but timing right now is not quite right & I keep asking myself if I'm crazy enough.....
:gig

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm doing two, cause I figured why not since my fun bags are on the large side, so I think they were probably talking to me. Good luck on your hatch! I'm hoping for similar success. I don't know how you are, humidity-wise, but my hygrometer that I checked my bracubator setup with stayed consistently between 65-66%, so you're probably good. Granted, I am a swamp beast, but I'm not actually sweating that much...yet. Or else the washcloth I put in there to keep sweat off the eggs is absorbing it all...
Wishing you good luck as well, @TheAlrightyGina ! 🍀❤

Has anyone managed this? As in genuinely?

There is anecdotal evidence from history, but I don't know if anyone has done it with scientific rigor. Not that I am...but I do know from research into both chicken and quail incubation that it is possible to hatch them both at less than ideal temperatures. 98.6 degrees F(which is an average, people can run + or - a degree or more from that) is capable of producing a decent hatch. I measured the humidity for the area where bracubating would occur, and for me at least, it was consistently 65-66%. The complicating factor is gonna be movement, but if an individual can keep from doing anything especially scrambling things should be ok.

But we shall see! The only way to find out is to do, and once done to have others replicate the results!

Back
Top Bottom