Incubating Lavender Ameraucanas Dry Hatch or No?

Pics
We will get Lavenders to that island somehow, some way!
Hey you guys! Tell me what you think.... just let her be right? She pipped about 26 hrs ago and has been zipped for about 15ish hrs. She was looking pretty dry so I only moistened thru the hole of my incubator slightly with qtips on the membrane. She still seems pretty strong but, getting a little tired I can tell. Its my LA! 1st one😌 She pipped on the wrong side too and the membrane is super thick. My BB🥰

Attachments

• 691472C0-46D0-47D6-ABB1-7718B19D2B10.jpeg
    691472C0-46D0-47D6-ABB1-7718B19D2B10.jpeg
    236.2 KB · Views: 7
  • BD8B6C0E-EC30-4BDF-910E-3E0023B64CA3.jpeg
    BD8B6C0E-EC30-4BDF-910E-3E0023B64CA3.jpeg
    205.1 KB · Views: 8
Hey you guys! Tell me what you think.... just let her be right? She pipped about 26 hrs ago and has been zipped for about 15ish hrs. She was looking pretty dry so I only moistened thru the hole of my incubator slightly with qtips on the membrane. She still seems pretty strong but, getting a little tired I can tell. Its my LA! 1st one😌 She pipped on the wrong side too and the membrane is super thick. My BB🥰
She looks fine! If you can see her beak clicking up-and-down that means she’s doing well. If she stops doing that, that’s when you might want to intervene. She will probably be out soon, just needs the final kick with her legs to get out of the shell!
can’t wait to see photos!🥰

She looks fine! If you can see her beak clicking up-and-down that means she’s doing well. If she stops doing that, that’s when you might want to intervene. She will probably be out soon, just needs the final kick with her legs to get out of the shell!
can’t wait to see photos!🥰
Thanks Jmns! Sometimes we just need that validation that we are doing the right thing! I can’t wait to meet her💝

Congratulations, you are going to have so many little lavender chicks!😊
I have 6 left of 34 eggs on lockdown right now, the remaining of my relatively unsuccessful incubation this past month. Three silver laced Orpingtons, two grocery store eggs and a single black copper Maran egg!
Should hatch Saturday and Sunday!❤️

I have 6 left of 34 eggs on lockdown right now, the remaining of my relatively unsuccessful incubation this past month. Three silver laced Orpingtons, two grocery store eggs and a single black copper Maran egg!
Should hatch Saturday and Sunday!❤
I hope you have a great hatch! I hope to get copper marans too! My son surprised me with a roo and hen splash polish pair! Teens! Super cute. They got out one morning and busted into the food🤣 I also went and got some eggs from the store and threw them in with my eggs in bater! Lol After you said that I thought I would try.

Attachments

• A3C799CE-BFE5-41CA-8B07-2A1210161E74.jpeg
    A3C799CE-BFE5-41CA-8B07-2A1210161E74.jpeg
    329 KB · Views: 7
Yes, it was a big deal! They are now working on getting Splash approved. I’m day 3 with my Smith eggs🥰 Are you on a wait list, or do you know when you will ship them? How many did you order? I’m excited for you!
I am behind the times!🙄Lol I ordered 19 and they are supposed to ship on tues or wed🤗 I can’t wait to hear about yours! And my son is headed back from Texas with some
Duck (3 cross breed of khaki Campbell, runner, and Orphington) plus
Bantam Cochin. Plus 2 surprise eggs From a friend there. I’ll be cookin all summer😜
[/QUOTE]
Thanks Jmns! Sometimes we just need that validation that we are doing the right thing! I can’t wait to meet her💝
Any news?!? Is she out?
Yay, glad you got your eggs!!

Should hatch Saturday and Sunday!❤
The groceries are still in the running!! So crazy!!
I candled my eggs yesterday, looks like I may have 1 death ring...gonna look tomorrow

Back
Top Bottom