Incubating Lavender Ameraucanas Dry Hatch or No?

Pics
I had to assist three of my Marans last hatch they pipped and never progressed after 26 hours. You can actually take the egg out of the incubator if you have a space, I used a bowl with boiling water over a hot towel to keep the humidity up and then a heating lamp over the bowl, use tweezers to gently peel away some of the shell from the membrane, make sure the blood vessels have receded. You can use bacitracin ointment to keep it moist works a little better than just water. The coconut oil can work as well. Just make sure you don’t use the triple antibiotic ointment. I was able to assist all three of the chicks quite successfully sometimes you just need to continue the zip all the way around keep them wrapped in the towel and as soon as you’re done pop them back in the incubator with a wet paper towel added to increase the humidity from opening it.
There are plenty of useful threads on the forum as well as YouTube.
Good luck and keep us posted!
You can do this!🥰😊

I had to assist three of my Marans last hatch they pipped and never progressed after 26 hours. You can actually take the egg out of the incubator if you have a space, I used a bowl with boiling water over a hot towel to keep the humidity up and then a heating lamp over the bowl, use tweezers to gently peel away some of the shell from the membrane, make sure the blood vessels have receded. You can use bacitracin ointment to keep it moist works a little better than just water. The coconut oil can work as well. Just make sure you don’t use the triple antibiotic ointment. I was able to assist all three of the chicks quite successfully sometimes you just need to continue the zip all the way around keep them wrapped in the towel and as soon as you’re done pop them back in the incubator with a wet paper towel added to increase the humidity from opening it.
You can do this!🥰😊
Luckily I have a swamp cooler and its super hot here today! Taking her in to hot steamy bathroom and all supplies! I’ll let ya know! And my heat lamp!

You can do this!🥰😊
Glad you had success with it! This can be so stressful!!

I hope you have a great hatch! I hope to get copper marans too! My son surprised me with a roo and hen splash polish pair! Teens! Super cute. They got out one morning and busted into the food🤣 I also went and got some eggs from the store and threw them in with my eggs in bater! Lol After you said that I thought I would try.
Hope to get a few polish soon. What a thoughtful son!:)

I hatched out 11 out of an initial 14 (3 were quitters and 1 was deformed upon necropsy). I 100% recommend letting the eggs sit for 48 hours (if they are shipped) to help with air cells. I had only 3 of 14 hatch due to most likwly air cells and lack of letting them rest for the right amount of time. Both were lavenders that were shipped.

You can do this!🥰😊
She literally popped rt out! She was so ready! She is precious! I love her!

Attachments

• 2CFFBE7B-ED81-4EEB-BD43-2C22761DF35F.jpeg
    2CFFBE7B-ED81-4EEB-BD43-2C22761DF35F.jpeg
    354.6 KB · Views: 7
  • 86AC736B-31FB-4F6A-8FF7-BC4EBC958072.jpeg
    86AC736B-31FB-4F6A-8FF7-BC4EBC958072.jpeg
    329.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 11F84CB4-B31E-4FCD-9D13-52545CCA3E07.jpeg
    11F84CB4-B31E-4FCD-9D13-52545CCA3E07.jpeg
    450.5 KB · Views: 7

Back
Top Bottom