Incubating mallards humidity

I'm hatching my first set of ducks and am currently in lockdown mode. They're due Monday and humidity is sitting at 73%. I hope I get a couple to hatch. I have 8 and 7 weee definitely fertile. One more I think is questionable, it may have quit, but I left it in there anyway....just in case. I keep reading how much harder ducks are to hatch va chickens. *waiting patiently*

I'm hatching my first set of ducks and am currently in lockdown mode. They're due Monday and humidity is sitting at 73%. I hope I get a couple to hatch. I have 8 and 7 weee definitely fertile. One more I think is questionable, it may have quit, but I left it in there anyway....just in case. I keep reading how much harder ducks are to hatch va chickens. *waiting patiently*

I was told for hatch to have the humidity at around 63%......for duck eggs....

I aim for 65-75% at lockdown with 45-55% during incubation. I probably end up on the lower end of that in lock down, since higher humidity is really hard for me to maintain.

Last edited:
End of day 27 and I have three out of six duckies hatched. Humidity has stayed steady at 72%.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom