Incubating peafowl eggs thread

I wouldn't
wink.png
you never really know what you are truly getting and hatch rates on shipped eggs are not to good also many times the eggs cost more than local ones.
How long have you been looking for peas? it took me 7 months to find a breeder near me , run an addy on your local classifide site and see if ya get a bite, someone may see it and have what you seek or know someone that does.
Well I've had my birds 2 years now and I've been looking at ads longer than that. Around here IB is the only color option I have. There are a few whites but nothing else. Not that I've seen at least. I'd love to maybe get a purple, opal, bronze. Variety ya know.

Would any of you ever get hatching eggs off ebay??? I don't have many choices where I live. Ordering online seems to be my only choice really.

I spent a TON of green buying eggs off ebay. Results was less than spectacular( 50% or less) but distance between you and the seller makes a diffrence. I did find eggs shipped within 250 miles of me had better hatchrates.

Last edited:
I have the worst luck incubating peafowl eggs last year I bought 9 from eBay 3 hatched 1 had messed up umbilical cord died not long after 2nd one was fine but died next day & 3rd one lived but something got in my pen and killed it. Guess I should say I have bad luck with them. So this year I got 4 more eggs none hatched. I have a little giant incubator keep temp around 99 to 100 f and humidity at 60 till lock down then go to 70 or 75%. So with 4 not hatching I bought 6 more from guy that live a ways from me. And 1 hatched 1 did not develop 1 half developed 3 fully developed but no hatch there were turned fat end up. What am I doing wrong.

I have the worst luck incubating peafowl eggs last year I bought 9 from eBay 3 hatched 1 had messed up umbilical cord died not long after 2nd one was fine but died next day & 3rd one lived but something got in my pen and killed it. Guess I should say I have bad luck with them. So this year I got 4 more eggs none hatched. I have a little giant incubator keep temp around 99 to 100 f and humidity at 60 till lock down then go to 70 or 75%. So with 4 not hatching I bought 6 more from guy that live a ways from me. And 1 hatched 1 did not develop 1 half developed 3 fully developed but no hatch there were turned fat end up. What am I doing wrong.
Is it a still air incubator?

-Kathy

does anyone use a RCOM to incubate? What settings do you use?
I have only had one hatch in mine, but I thought it was pretty successful. I have an Rcom Pro 20. I set it at 50% humidity, the temp is preset at 99.5 (which I left it at), I had it turn the eggs a random degree every 50 minutes and I turned the eggs end over end three times per day. The last three days the humidity was raised to 70% and the temp was dropped to 99. As I said, I have only had the one hatch in it (I actually moved the eggs to one of the cheaper Brinsea's for the actual hatch to contain some of the mess), so I have no idea if those settings will hold up long term, but since I just used one I figured I would respond.

Thanks Hannah. I'm having a hard time with mine right now. It seems to be almost 2º off on temperature, I keep adding thermometers, trying to come to a consensus that I trust. Its empty and without the dividers, don't know how much a difference that makes.

Back
Top Bottom