Incubating peafowl eggs thread

If the eggs I shipped to PA look viable in a couple of days, I will have some.

-Kathy

3 of the 6 have definite development, the others I cannot tell for sure yet. Definitely recommend incubating point down for the first few days, seems to have really helped the loose air cells.
fl.gif

Hey
Those are my two first peachiks, there is one more egg in the incubator
A male and a female, The biggest starts displaying and chased the other, it was like the adult peafowls.

Hey
Those are my two first peachiks, there is one more egg in the incubator
A male and a female, The biggest starts displaying and chased the other, it was like the adult peafowls.

I want to know what is the colour of this peachiks, Someone here told me that they will be pied probably, that is right? I want to hear more persons telling me the same. I looked for photos in google about pied peachicks and they aren't clear like mines, are more dark.
Thanks

Congratulations on your Peachicks muus, good job
clap.gif

I have to ask, how do you know you have a male and female already?

They do not look Pied to me, but I do see some White flight feathers... so maybe they are Dark Pieds or split to Pied? Just guessing tho... what did the parent birds you got the eggs from look like?

Congratulations on your Peachicks muus, good job
clap.gif

I have to ask, how do you know you have a male and female already?

They do not look Pied to me, but I do see some White flight feathers... so maybe they are Dark Pieds or split to Pied? Just guessing tho... what did the parent birds you got the eggs from look like?
Thank you
I don't know relly if the are a male and a female, but their behavior make mi think this. And I said that a have seen one dislpaying and chasing the other, like the adult peafowls.
They "male" haves some flight feathers, but the "female" no, only clear zones in her wings.
Their fathers are a female blackshouldered and a white male.
Thanks

Hi all, i'm a complete novice at hatching pea chicks, although I did pretty well with chickens 2 years ago. My question is this, we had one that pipped and then broke a small hole through the shell. He was like that for a day & a half and we began to see less & less activity. This morning, i had DH get him /her out because i feared it was dying. From what hubby said, it sounded like it was kinda shrink wrapped. There was also some blood around the area of it's bottom. So he/she has been out since this morning. It's not looking good, but he/she is moving around a bit, breathing and chirping. What if anything, can I do for this chick? I still have it in the bottom of the incubator, as I don't have a hatcher.

My humidity sensor went bad on me during the incubation and it seems that the humidity was higher than it was reading. I also have 6 more eggs in there with kind of staggered hatch dates.

Thanks,
Heidi

I am concerned for my 3 peafowl eggs. One I am pretty sure quit as it doesn't look like the other two eggs development wise. One of the other two I have not noticed any movement or seen any movement when I candeled in the last 3 days. The remaining egg is rocking often so I'm not concerned for it. They are due on the 11th of June. I haven't done anything different and have kept a precise temp and humidity in my incubator. What would cause them to get this far and quit? It's my first attempt and I knew they were challenging and not to get my hopes up, but unfortunately I got attached already. Lol I went ahead and bought 9 pea eggs and set them today as my confidence in the others hatching is diminishing. Also I know this sounds crazy but I talk to my eggs and peep at them. Tonight I was doing this and swore I heard a pea chirp back at me from the incubator. Wishful thinking? Lol

Follow up - pea chick seems to be doing much better. He/she is moving around the hatching space, holding his/her head up some and looking better. So my next question is - at what point do I remove him/her to a brooder? There are three additional eggs in the hatching area.
Thanks for sny help.

I move them right away to a brooder just because my incubator makes it impossible for them to dry out and you don't want them knocking around the eggs trying to hatch. To get the peachick to perk up even more if you think it needs it, you can mix some sugar in some water and hold the peachick's beak to the sugar water and have it drink just a little. I was talking to a local breeder last night (AugeredIn) and he said he doesn't like to force them too much to drink the sugar water because he has had a bad experience doing that. When I have had to help out chicks and they are weak, I have found the sugar water does seem to help. Just don't keep the water with sugar in there for long just let them have a few sips but not a bunch.

Back
Top Bottom