Incubating pekin

A desk lamp?? Wow, that is cool! :)

I agree with @chickens really ducks are lazy when it comes to hatching, so please don't rush it.

Lemme ask.... what day did you first start heating it? I realize you said Day 19 on October 13th, but some folks mistakenly count the day they started as day 1. But day 1 doesn't really start until 24 hours after starting incubation. Although, in your situation, I'm not sure we can rely on general guidelines anyway. It could hatch very early, or very late with your "unconventional" method. (I'm not knocking it! I think its awesome that it has worked so far!!)

Is the egg in a bowl, or what? I'm wondering how you are maintaining humidity.
It may help us to help you if you could candle and get a picture while you candle. I'd love to see your setup.

Best of luck!!! :fl
The black spot appeared and heart was beating on day 3

View attachment 1165234 this is wheres hes been from the start, should i change it before he starts pipping? I dont know if he will have the room he needs, but this works so well i dont wanna risk the temp change or something so close to hatch date
I know you're probably stressing right now but I wish you all of the luck with this!!!!! I'm going to keep a close eye and see what the experts say, but if this works I'm going to ask you a million questions when it's done!

Yes i am! Lol. I really didnt expect him to come this far, i just dont want to rush it or be to late if theres something i could do. You can ask all the questions you need to :)

Yes i am! Lol. I really didnt expect him to come this far, i just dont want to rush it or be to late if theres something i could do. You can ask all the questions you need to :)
The towel that's underneath it, is it wet too or only the sponges?
How many times a day did you turn it?
How many times a day did you re-wet the sponges?
How warm was it under the light?

The towel that's underneath it, is it wet too or only the sponges?
How many times a day did you turn it?
How many times a day did you re-wet the sponges?
How warm was it under the light?
Yes i sprayed the towel underneath everytime i turned him wich i did 4-5 times a day, the temp was between 96-99 mostly at 98 when not being turned or cool down times. The sponges are recent, i put them in lastnight to raise humidity. Before that i was wetting the towel and lightly misting him

Yes i sprayed the towel underneath everytime i turned him wich i did 4-5 times a day, the temp was between 96-99 mostly at 98 when not being turned or cool down times. The sponges are recent, i put them in lastnight to raise humidity. Before that i was wetting the towel and lightly misting him
I really hope this has a good ending!!!! Fingers crossed!

So tomorrow is actually his due date, but by the looks of your pics, I'm thinking its going to be another couple days or so.
So the pic that you said is the underside is the end opposite the air cell?? If so, then I believe you are going to have one sticky duckling. That end should "ideally" be all dark too. That clear looking area should all be occupied by the baby at this point.

You do still see movement going on inside the egg?

So tomorrow is actually his due date, but by the looks of your pics, I'm thinking its going to be another couple days or so.
So the pic that you said is the underside is the end opposite the air cell?? If so, then I believe you are going to have one sticky duckling. That end should "ideally" be all dark too. That clear looking area should all be occupied by the baby at this point.

You do still see movement going on inside the egg?
I figured that wasnt completely normal, but yes that is opposite the air cell. So should i turn him still or just keep him still? And yes there is still movement, he hasnt moved as much today as he usually does, but still quiet a bit of movement.

[QUOTE="Knuckle duck, post: 19094739, member:
What do you mean by sticky duckling? Thank you for the reply btw

Back
Top Bottom