Incubating pekin

I figured that wasnt completely normal, but yes that is opposite the air cell. So should i turn him still or just keep him still? And yes there is still movement, he hasnt moved as much today as he usually does, but still quiet a bit of movement.

No more turning. He's learning which way is up, and how to get out now, so leave the egg laying with the lowest dip of the air cell pointing up.
Watch for the air cell to start dipping, and getting out of shape. This is when you will know the baby is really getting into position to make its way out. It may look similar to this when it actually gets ready, and breaks into the air cell. The perfect looking air cell will get all wonky looking.

WP_20170611_08_05_56_Pro_LI.jpg WP_20151213_045.jpg

No more turning. He's learning which way is up, and how to get out now, so leave the egg laying with the lowest dip of the air cell pointing up.
Watch for the air cell to start dipping, and getting out of shape. This is when you will know the baby is really getting into position to make its way out. It may look similar to this when it actually gets ready, and breaks into the air cell. The perfect looking air cell will get all wonky looking.

View attachment 1165321 View attachment 1165322
Okay awesome! Thats helps so much. So i hate to think the worse, but when would be the latest he should internally pip? If he doesnt pip then he is not going to make it?

[QUOTE="Knuckle duck, post: 19094739, member:
What do you mean by sticky duckling? Thank you for the reply btw

By sticky, I mean that normally the blood vessels wrap around the entire contents inside the egg, and everything in there will get pulled into the duckling's belly when it is ready to hatch. You have some stuff there that will be left floating in the egg, and once the duckling starts breaking out and rotating, that stuff will get all over his body. Its gooey and sticky. This usually happens from too high humidity, I think.

By sticky, I mean that normally the blood vessels wrap around the entire contents inside the egg, and everything in there will get pulled into the duckling's belly when it is ready to hatch. You have some stuff there that will be left floating in the egg, and once the duckling starts breaking out and rotating, that stuff will get all over his body. Its gooey and sticky. This usually happens from too high humidity, I think.
O ok, so the majority of that fluid should be gone by hatch day if he is growing like he should?

Okay awesome! Thats helps so much. So i hate to think the worse, but when would be the latest he should internally pip? If he doesnt pip then he is not going to make it?

You should see the membrane at the base of the air cell drawn down first. Once that happens, then internal pip should follow shortly after. Then external pip within 24 hours or so after that.

O ok, so the majority of that fluid should be gone by hatch day if he is growing like he should?

It should, but i doubt if it will. It really should already be involved. I currently have one similar, but I'm not counting it out yet.

:fl

You should see the membrane at the base of the air cell drawn down first. Once that happens, then internal pip should follow shortly after. Then external pip within 24 hours or so after that.

It should, but i doubt if it will. It really should already be involved. I currently have one similar, but I'm not counting it out yet.

:fl
I went through my calender and videos, i seen his heartbeat and movement on october 1st, so 6 days after under the lamp. Could it be my method and hes really a week behind due to the fluid under him?

I went through my calender and videos, i seen his heartbeat and movement on october 1st, so 6 days after under the lamp. Could it be my method and hes really a week behind due to the fluid under him?

6 days is about right to start seeing development and movement.

Hello everyone, just an update of today. Temp has been right and 97.5 and the little terd is still moving around in there just not pipped internally yet. Being a mother requires patience but this is times 20. Lol. Wish us well ill keep updated. Today at noon was day 26.

Back
Top Bottom