Incubating quail eggs

Pics

Pepperdaddy 1

Chirping
Nov 17, 2020
So I got quail eggs that were supposed to be fertile but I am not sure if they are because when I candled them to see they didn’t have an air sack like my chicken eggs normally do any suggestions?

Bobwhites have an incubation period of 23 - 26 days...23 - 24 days being the normal incubation time. Mine usually pip on day 23 and hatch on day 24, due to the .5°F increase over the standard temp of 99.5°F
I set my incubators at 100°F because that is where they are the most stable, at 99.5°F, they fluctuate too much. I set the humidity at 43% Rh for 21days, I raise it to 55 - 60% for the last 3 to 4 days of the incubation period....some peeps call it the 'lockdown' period but I do not because it's really just a phase/process in the incubation period that occurs 3 to 4 days before hatching.

The white color variation of the Bob's are Texas A&M Bobwhites, because they were bred and developed at A&M by one of the professors/researchers at A&M.
HTH
Good Luck with your hatch!

So I put these pheasant eggs in my bator because they were just thrown on me by a friend who couldn’t take them anymore so they are fertile and I marked the calendar and they are supposed to hatch 9 days after my quail what should I do should I put them in the same brooder or a separate one
Definitely a separate brooder. I can imagine the size difference would be significant, and they might not interact well, even as chicks.

Back
Top Bottom