INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The cracks are right over the air cell, so as the cell grows, it will cover the cracks. One whole crack is covered already.
I see. I hope it develops into a happy, healthy chick. I personally would never set eggs with cracks in them, because there's too much that can go wrong with them. Air cells will grow too fast, and/or bacteria will infect the embryo. You'll have to keep us updated on it's progress... as well as the others of course!
wink.png

I see. I hope it develops into a happy, healthy chick. I personally would never set eggs with cracks in them, because there's too much that can go wrong with them. Air cells will grow too fast, and/or bacteria will infect the embryo. You'll have to keep us updated on it's progress... as well as the others of course!   ;)

I didn't notice the crack until I candled them on day 3.

Yeah good luck with that egg....I got a lot to learn...

So do I. I have only ever raised under a broody, so I am currently experimenting. I have a friend who lost all of his chickens over the course of three months, he had six, last one killed yesterday. Whatever it was kept digging holes under the ground and up into the coop run, killing one at a time. He wants to buy 6 chicks, another friend of mine has an older coop she got and wants 2 chicks to start. Gonna find homes for the ones I don't need, and homes for some of my laying hens that I have too many of.

I have a chick. My first Bielefelder girl chick! Hopefully I'll get a few more. And a boy too.
You people are not going to let me go to bed... are you??? That's a beautiful chick, lazyacre! I'm thinking of getting some of those down the road. Not the road I live on, but the future road. Not the one I'll live on in the future, but the one I'm on now... in the future. Okay... I'm delirious. I have to go!!! Congratulations on your new fuzzy butt!!!!!!
clap.gif

You people are not going to let me go to bed... are you???  That's a beautiful chick, lazyacre! I'm thinking of getting some of those down the road. Not the road I live on, but the future road. Not the one I'll live on in the future, but the one I'm on now... in the future. Okay... I'm delirious. I have to go!!! Congratulations on your new fuzzy butt!!!!!!    :clap

Goodnight M'Lord! Log off before someone else posts something interesting!:hugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom