INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have 5 baby's, I had 6, but one of our little dogs got into the box and killed one. You wouldn't believe how hard my mom slapped her. She murdered it as I walked in there to move a dry one out of the incubator. Pretty ticked off.

FIRE THAT BABY UP! COOL PRESENT!! do you have thermo/hygros to go with it

oh and desserteggs let me search and see if someone pops up that has that one.... will be back

Yes, it does come with the thermometer and the hygrometer. I am going to do a test run with some eggs from my flock probably when i get the right colors that i want. And thanks for looking!

15 are sold, 4 or 5 are going to my father-in-laws house, and the rest are for sale too. I'm hatching these guys to finance my Silkied Ameruacana project.

Thanks! I love the colors that come from crosses! 

@Frindizzle
 Fellow bookworm needs to know what you were reading!!

X2!

Last edited:
Less than 1 degree.
I fiddled with it for prob a week to get it right!
As an appliance repair person, i get all sorts of 40W bulbs free from fridges stoves etc.
The new one Stink!
And all of 3-4 dollars for 2 bulbs?
JUNK
I have many!
highfive.gif
good I need my dishwasher fixed, put a new heating element in and it still dont heat up dang thing

I have 5 baby's, I had 6, but one of our little dogs got into the box and killed one. You wouldn't believe how hard my mom slapped her. She murdered it as I walked in there to move a dry one out of the incubator. Pretty ticked off.

oh no!!! doggies awwwwww
hugs.gif
do you have pics of the babies sweets?

Yes, it does come with the thermometer and the hygrometer. I am going to do a test run with some eggs from my flock probably when i get the right colors that i want. And thanks for looking!

NEVER trust the ones that come with it, ever even expensive ones should get calibrated to other thermometers..

Thermo/hygro suggestions post #13998 post #12128 post #13975 post #452
WHY YOU SHOULD CALIBRATE and link to HOW: post #545 also see calibration in Hatching Eggs 101 TEMPS SECTION
EASY Calibration post #19746 bottom of post #20480
Thermo/Hygro Try to find one that has high low readings post #10961
ALWAYS run your bator a few days first for temp swings post #9129

tons more info here https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/incubating-w-friends-helpful-notes-links-informational-post-links

Oh no..... Now you have to try and hatch again... Sorry buddy.
giggle giggle

Last edited:
Well, I think my NYD hal is done :) I had 4 beautiful chicks hatch out of the 8 eggs I set. 3 were infertile, 1 was a late quitter. The last one to hatch did so 12 hours after everyone else. and 36 hours after it's pip. LOL. He must have gotten too excited and pipped early, because he bled a little from his navel after he hatched. 100% unassisted hatch! YES! I have 2 grey chicks with peachy legs/beaks, and 2 dark chicks with black legs/beaks. They are so so so pretty!
love.gif
I was very surprised by the colors as their mums are RIR and dad is a Auraucana silvery splashy barred something or other color. :) I am curious to know if the chicks will have less vertebrae like their pops, or have a full tail like their mum. Can anyone tell from the pictures??? The last chick is still wet in the bator, so no picture of him.
roll.png

Congratulations! Cute chicks.

So we've decided to keep a buff rooster, meet Noodle!
1f604.png
Hi Noodle!

I am having this really bad bad baaaaddddd itch to find some duck eggs to hatch!!

I miss hatching my babies!!

900x900px-LL-265923f4_DSCF3433.jpeg
Ducklings!
love.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom